GTI Inters 2012 23/24 Of June -=: Official DiscussionThread:=-

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
GTI International is back for another and this year its on the 23rd and 24th of June 2012.

5_3lj_000000.png

GTI Inters Site said:
GTI International, the UK's greatest gathering of Volkswagen Group car
enthusiasts, is organized by Volkswagen Driver and Audi Driver magazines.

The event has a long and distinguished history * it began in 1988, at Knebworth Park, before relocating to the TRL in Crowthorne until 2002, when it moved first to Wroughton near Swindon and then to Bentwaters Park in Ipswich for 2003.

Since moving to Bruntingthorpe, near Leicester, in 2006, GTI International has seen a fresh lease of life and it now attracts visitors not only from all over the UK and Europe but from as far afield as Australia and the USA.

I've got the job this year to sort out the ASN stand and stand passes.
I have spoken to GTI international and they are t going back to the old system of selecting your clubs stand when booking your tickets and they will issue out the stand passes at the same time as your tickets. Saves 3rd party (me) and Royal Mail errors.

There is more info on their web site here
GTI International 2011
Don't forget it a 2 day event and there is camping.

I think I've covered it all.
If not, sorry and I'll get up any more information you need/want as and when I got it.

Hope to see allot of you there.

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Im in for both days just not camping as its only just down the road. Lets just hope the council ******* do resurface the roads with that crap again.

lol I was going to start a thread to see who was going. would love to join you guys on the stand but having a vw would make me an outcast lol. still though if anyone is driving up from the south east let me know!

I keep looking at theses for shows this year but I can't justify the price for something would get used about 6 times.
How easy or hard are they to put?
I'm still tempted though.

It's still in the box and I managed to get it on sale before Xmas....looks easy enough to put up though. Could use it on our stand if we do one again this year, wanted yellow but only blue was left

Hopefully it will be as hot as it was last year on the sunday and not rain like it did on the saturday

Heh this is early?!

I didnt get to any shows last year, mainly due to my wedding landing right in the middle of show season!

Will try and get to some this year, not sure which though, GTI Inters is always fairly large, ASN turnout last time i went (2010) was a bit patchy though.

I almost never camp at these things though, i like my sleep too much and really need a comfy bed, so i end up finding a nearby hotel! Last time i camped was ADI 2010 and i spent the entire night simply staring at the roof of the tent. Not good!

Never to early to inform people of shows and let them sort out their sleeping arrangements.

Get them arrangement sorted out and get your name on some lists.

Got a spare tent for me??

How many are camping so far? In two minds to camp or to book hotel....

Lol we making a weekend of it going up Fri morning few beers show early then sat bk to hotel few beers up again Sunday then home after the show lol

Looking forward to this ,I'm only taking the Polow to the show this year the A4 will be left at home.

I think I might come along to this one folks :D

Most people camping it up or just going for the day?

If I'm camping I won't be able to drive until at least 4pm on sunday !

Camp mate.

I'm camping, so is westy, Karl and damo.
Be nice to get a ASN tent village. :thumbsup:

Any one else camping, if so how long?

I'm there from friday till sunday.

Deffo going to this! Camping Friday night and Saturday night...
Should be a good show - if not... the banter alone is worth it!

I'm camping mate, both days. Will aim to get to site around 7pm on Friday loaded up with a lot of booze, a BBQ, and a Turkish man who is a dab hand at cooking :beerchug:

I think we will need to all arrive at similar times so we can camp near each other as the marshalls will just line us up first come first served.

I'm going Sunday... I think Bill is coming along with the Lupo too ;P

<tuffty/>

Hmm, could be tempted to camp this year, but will only be there on Sunday. How will that work? Only going to camp if I can get a slot with the rest of the AS.net village! Was going to bring my little man (my little boy, he's only 18mths old, don't get any funny ideas...!) just for the day because he loves cars but obviously won't be able to if I camp. Hmm, decisions...

Hmm, could be tempted to camp this year, but will only be there on Sunday. How will that work? Only going to camp if I can get a slot with the rest of the AS.net village! Was going to bring my little man (my little boy, he's only 18mths old, don't get any funny ideas...!) just for the day because he loves cars but obviously won't be able to if I camp. Hmm, decisions...

I'm going to side with camping.

Looking at the map the camp site and club stands are in separate fields.
Do you park the car at the club stand and walk to the camp site or shift the cars around every day?