VAG Track nite - Knockhill Friday 22nd July 6-8PM

rd20vturbo

Reaction score
Website
www.20v-turbo.co.uk
Ok folks - after the huge success of the VAG-only track school I organised at Knockhill, I am looking to put on a track night this summer.

Friday the 22nd of July is available for an evening of VAG-only track time, 6-8PM, 2 hours of pure track time for £50 per car, 30 cars. Who's up for it? This MIGHT be a Star Performance track event, I'll speak to Jim.

VAG-only!

If i'm in UK I'll be up for it...

I have a trip to the 'ring provisionally planned around that kind of date but should be able to confirm with enough notice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FEK - thats my birthday!!! weekend away playing golf (supposedly)

I'm gonna change my birthday!!!

Arrgghhhhhh

[ QUOTE ]
I
I have a trip to the 'ring provisionally planned

[/ QUOTE ]

PS2 and GT4 before you go?

[ QUOTE ]
I will come and watch. Not going on the track though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boulevard Queen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
PS2 and GT4 before you go?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little although to be honest I learnt the track fairly well when I was there last summer - there is something about holding your life and car in hands that hurries up the learning process - something that just isn't there on GT4.

It's well done on GT4, but doesn't give a good impression of the inclines, bumps, changing tarmac conditions and other drivers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah i cant risk it at the moment.

Will do at one time. But need to save every penny i get at the mo for mods and partying during the summer!!! 4 months off uni!!

No idea of lap times sorry, turns out my DV was leaking boost on Saturday so I was on much reduced power!

RS4 Barry was there giving it some in his monster, he had a great time! Jim and Brian from Star were on track too, I'll post up some pics, here's one of mine for now:

gkl_rob1.jpg

Track manners were very good from everyone, that's why I want to keep it VAG only.

Robbie - please count me in. Will take my TT Golf on, it's great fun round knockhill.

Will see if I can persuade Doug to bring his 450 brake S2 along too!

Here is me at the track school you organised.

golfmk3.jpg

**DATE CHANGE - JULY UNSUITABLE - MAY OR JUNE DATE TBC**

Nice piccie m8. Turns out I was only running 6PSI of boost instead of 20 due to a very, very poor seal on my DV - fixed now, next time I'll be MUCH faster - hose fixed too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jim dyno'd it this morning after the fixes, 275BHP and 271lbft.

I am up for this.

Although if it is going to be a Star Performance trackday, can you check with Jim if my car is allowed - it will be covered in another tuning companies stickers.

Robbie - should hopefully still be up for the new date.

Glad to hear your car is fixed, though I didn't realise you had a problem on the day.

I see Doug required little persuasion!