AITP 2011 REVIEW AND REFLECTION

DriveByShooters

Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine
Reaction score
Right, where do I start.

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to all that attended AITP 2011. I say it every year and this year will be no exception.Without you all the show would be a failure. It’s your passion for the show that keeps it going and keeps it getting better and better each year.

I think I can safely say that AITP is the most looked forward to event in the show season calendar and once again this is down to you guys. You will often read on forums “can’t wait for AITP” or things like “gotta get my car sorted and ready for AITP”. Its statements like these that alwaysmake me smile. You see, as some of youalready know, AITP is not a big budgetevent funded by a bigger organization sitting in the background rubbing their hands together every time someone buys an advanced ticket, it is me and me alone. Lock stock as the saying goes!

AITP was a real mixed bag this year, some have said it was the best yet and some have said numbers were down and they doubt the show will happen in 2012.

Well here it is from the horses mouth so to speak.....Advanced ticket sales were up....well up! Clubs in attendance were up....well up....in fact I wasn’t even aware some of the clubs that attended even existed! Overal attendance figures were slightly down (and I really do mean only slightly down) and I put this down to the iffy weather on the few days run up to the Show. This in turn obviously put the “see what it’s like on the day” visitor numbers down. This year I also responded to a complaint I had last year that some clubs felt a little crowded by so I spread the field out and let clubs have more space. This could of given the illusion that the numbers were down too.

A question I am ALWAYS asked is why weren’t Audi themselves represented? The truth is I have no idea! In my eyes they are missing a fantastic opportunity to present the range of models to their customers.....YOU, wether you are a Potential customer, future customer or existing customer, we all buy into the brand and love the whole Audi lifestyle.

Audi UK have been supporting AITP on facebook and are asking for images to be posted on there page, maybe this is there way of finding out just how influential AITP is for next year..lol

I have again learnt a lot from this year’s show and 2012 plans are already in the making. Inviting clubs from Europe over to join us is just one of the ideas that is already rolling.

If you have any images from the day, please feel free to email them to me at audisinthepark@yahoo.co.ukand I will see if I can add them to the AITP website.

All that is left for me to say is once again thank you all and look forward to seeing you all at AITP 2012.

p.s...AITP official merchandise is now available via the website....please feel free to have a peek.

Last edited:
Calvin. Thank you very much for another great AITP . I agree with you 100% that each year they are getting better, can't wait for next year's. Great Cars, Great People, Great Event/venue, Great Laugh. Keep up the good work mate.. And well done

Last edited:
well you know i always love audi's in the park calvin and have the highest respect for you for organising it all on your tod , i think what it was this year was the weather was so unprodictable it turned a few people off not us die hard audi's in the park fans tho and i'll be there with my asn friends next year and the year after that , i had an awesome weekend totally random saturday night ended up in a hotel in corby didnt plan it at all but it was all part of the fun of audi's in the park will be doing exactly the same next year too

It can only get better! This year was my first,and i will definately attend anymore! Bringing whoever i can along too!
More people camping and making a weekend of it would be good, its a laugh, and the banter and fun leading up to it is a good part of the event.
More trade stands, more offers, Audi themselves of course, and more clubs too. Maybe even a sound off at the end,imagine hearing all those cars at once!

echo was allready been said Calvin was an awesome show to pop my AITP cherry and to quote u "i cant wait for next year!" totaly agree tha audi uk are taking there eye off the ball here a bit may we should get an e petition going and send it to them so they can see how many audi enthusiats and current future customers attend this event. again repeating was been said allready my hat goes off to mate to organise such a successful show all on ur own back is a real triumph WELL DONE! and i think its gonna just get bigger and better!!!!

WELL DONE CALVIN ROLL ON AITP 2012
:applaus::applaus: :applaus:

As said before, I thought it was a good show, 1st time i've been and really enjoyed it. Bought my ticket in advance, such good value. Well done Calvin I hope it goes from strength to strength.

Good show as always Cal :thumbsup: Some very nice Audis on show
Shame we never came into contention for best stand but the preparation/application wasn't the best so maybe next year

Cal, im sorry I couldnt make it this year, I very nearly did, but you know what its like....

Defo be there next year tho dude, catch up with you soon and as ive already heard from others, I missed a great show (as if i needed to be told!!)

Well done and keep up the good work.

Like any show, I guess it needs to have a few good years under its belt before the wider population (owners, traders, manufacturers etc) really sit up & take note. Personally I really enjoyed the show again this year and I agree that I suspect that some people didn't turn up because of the iffy weather in the run-up to the weekend. More fool them!

I think the way to go is to keep it going, keep the publicity (pre & post show) up and keep the evolution going.

Stickers this year were ace too by the way!

I agree with all that's been said so far. This was also my first AITP and it will be now become a regular 'must do' in the Audi calender along with ADI.

Great show Calvin, very well done!

Went to the first one, but due to commitments I haven't been able to make it back since which is a shame as it's a good bash.

Determined to get back there in 2012.

With respect to Audi UK representation, did you get any clear sense of why they weren't prepared to go this time round? Overstretched / timing etc (Le Mans / Goodwood MM / FoS etc). I know from some work we've been doing with another 'premium' car brand recently they can get very picky over things as basic as event location and who else is attending, but you think they'd be interested in pushing the brand with enthusiasts. I hope it's not been a case of pursuing new business (e.g. don't need to work with people who already have Audi's), and so invest in looking for new customers only.

I recently gave them an ear bending about only opening the Quattro rooms during the weekdays (In London West End), and supposedly they are looking into that too.

I would echo what has already been said. Great show and good to talk to fellow enthusiasts. This was our first time at AIP and we will be back in 2012. We drove down from East Yorkshire on the A1 but was suprised there were no mini convoys of Audi's to be seen.
I know how much effort it takes to put on a show like this and well done to all of you who organised it. I too was dissapointed that not even the local Audi dealer didn't attend with a few new cars to tempt us to part with our dosh. Nor was there many people like REVO or Milltek there with mods for us to check out.
Observations:
Not many entries for the show and shine. With no PA we didn't know when it was happening. How about prizes for 'furthest distance travelled', 'visitors choice' 'best modded car', 'best stock/standard car' etc etc to get more of the crowd involved.
Great show once again and hi to A* J*J Sprint Blue RS4. We drove in tandem from the show back to the M1 and it peed down. Hope ur car is now back to prisitine!

BW
Smokeymike. Red S-Line Avant SE.

p.s I work for an organisation that employs over 5,000 staff, many with Audi's. The ones who I talk to have never heard of Audi-Sport.net. We could have done with a table full of stickers at AIP to buy for our cars to spread the word and promote the site. T shirts would also be great. A lot of work I know but the more people we can get to these shows the better the network of fans.
Once again congrats to Calvin for all his hard work.