JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JoeD

Thread: Edition 38 2011

  1. #1
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814

    Cool Edition 38 2011

    September 2nd - 4th

    Overstone Park, Northampton for the 11th year in a row!

    Should be another epic show!! I haven't been in 2 years so I am very excited! Lots planned for my S3 over the next couple of months!

    Hopefully a large convoy from Ireland are coming over!!


  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,806
    I'm there gonna go for the three days
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  4. #3
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    not sure on this one early edition put me off edition38 shows
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  5. #4
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Why you say that? What happened?

  6. #5
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    Why you say that? What happened?

    +1
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  7. #6
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    it was very much like oh look at that red audi he hasnt spent loads of money on that its a bag of **** , what a shed as not everybody has ogt a big budget to moddify there cars im happy with what ive done so far on not alot of cash , so im not liking edition38 shows anymore to many arse holes for my liking it has really put me off them
    Last edited by FranA3; 10th July 2011 at 21:18.
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  8. #7
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    I see what you are saying!!

    The quality of the motors the time I was there was awesome and it showed that money wins prizes lol but I went to have a good time and for the experience. Awesome time and great experience and can't wait to do it again!!

  9. #8
    jasonallen's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    319
    i think people will be stupid to miss it:D

  10. #9
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    it might have just been that one show tbh but it has just put me off it might end up going to the main show but wont be going to early edition again thats for dam sure lol
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  11. #10
    jasonallen's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    319
    dont blame you bud

  12. #11
    MOOSH's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    it might have just been that one show tbh but it has just put me off it might end up going to the main show but wont be going to early edition again thats for dam sure lol
    Fran mate i wouldnt let that get to you mate, your car is lovely!

    We were planning it but i couldnt give a **** what folks think of my car i couldnt care less i'd be going to look at everyone elses car and be a part of the scene i guess!

    My mate is talking about going to weathersee next year but i was like what with your standard est A4 s line and my S line on coilovers?!

    One of us will have to spend about 5k before we go so we at least have one cool car!

    Im a spectator and mod with what little money i can afford so dont let the big time spenders get ya down mate they will have credit card bills and loans coming out of there ears! **** em!

  13. #12
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by MOOSH View Post
    Fran mate i wouldnt let that get to you mate, your car is lovely!

    We were planning it but i couldnt give a **** what folks think of my car i couldnt care less i'd be going to look at everyone elses car and be a part of the scene i guess!

    My mate is talking about going to weathersee next year but i was like what with your standard est A4 s line and my S line on coilovers?!

    One of us will have to spend about 5k before we go so we at least have one cool car!

    Im a spectator and mod with what little money i can afford so dont let the big time spenders get ya down mate they will have credit card bills and loans coming out of there ears! **** em!
    good point i suppose but i just didnt like the attiude that was all around the place i love going to car shows believe me ive been to so many over the years and not had any bad remarks but all it takes is one bad one sometimes to put me off , i know what your saying tho **** them , i think ive done really well so far on what little money i get payed i know my car is nice but to some people not good enough eh lol
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  14. #13
    MOOSH's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    good point i suppose but i just didnt like the attiude that was all around the place i love going to car shows believe me ive been to so many over the years and not had any bad remarks but all it takes is one bad one sometimes to put me off , i know what your saying tho **** them , i think ive done really well so far on what little money i get payed i know my car is nice but to some people not good enough eh lol
    It does get a little ridiculous in the vag scene, nothings cheap lol I just like the look of so many and have a wish list the length of your arm but like you I'm on a tight budget and time is not an issue so its as and when for me! It's wheels next for me but again there's about 6 styles i like

    Do let some mindless VAG snobs get ya down mate at the end of the day with car modding the more you put in the less you get out when selling, its down to priorities! Hats of to the big money modders I love there cars!!

  15. #14
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    i know that bud my old rs turbo i spent over 14k on it it was a full on show car won loads of things with it too i had it for about 6 years in total by the end tho things started going wrong like the gearbox blew up then the fuel system went wrong then i took it for a rolling road session and they told me one of the piston rings is letting go so i then i sold it on ebay for 2k haha so i know all about how modding is a personal thing lol, im proud of the mods ive done on my car as all of it is my own work ie . fitting the coilovers/ painting a shed loads of things wheels/mirrors/interior trims/grills etc.... i havent payed anybody to do anything (apart from tinting the windows) all my own handy work
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  16. #15
    Turkster's Avatar
    Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,723
    No Rave tent this year,

  17. #16
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Costa del Cardiff
    Posts
    535
    I'll pobol y cwm (whayy) Hopefully have it lowered and on splits by then, but I've been saying that since March =/ Fran we need you to come to brighten up the convoy, we've all got dark cars lol
    FranA3 likes this.

  18. #17
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    I'll pobol y cwm (whayy) Hopefully have it lowered and on splits by then, but I've been saying that since March =/ Fran we need you to come to brighten up the convoy, we've all got dark cars lol
    haha need a bit of colour in your life do you dude lmfao
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  19. #18
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Costa del Cardiff
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    haha need a bit of colour in your life do you dude lmfao
    Yea lmao, might have to get some loud centres on the go when I get my new wheels to brighten the mood haha

  20. #19
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Yea lmao, might have to get some loud centres on the go when I get my new wheels to brighten the mood haha
    haha when you get your new rims as well as doing that do your brakes in red
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

  21. #20
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    We will need to get a massive ASN drink sorted for the Saturday night????

  22. #21
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    We will need to get a massive ASN drink sorted for the Saturday night????
    I'm liking that idea. Lets get names down

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    I'll pobol y cwm (whayy) Hopefully have it lowered and on splits by then, but I've been saying that since March =/ Fran we need you to come to brighten up the convoy, we've all got dark cars lol
    If you ont get those splits or coilovers i will DISOWN YOU
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  23. #22
    Boydie's Avatar
    Boycie

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greenisland, Co.Antrim
    Posts
    4,814
    Ok, Saturday nighte soiree drinky poo: (copy and paste with your name)

    1. Boydie + N.Ireland yeoooo
    2.

  24. #23
    S3 Paul's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,764
    Im going down saturday evening and staying in a hotel near ,
    Im taking my mk2 golf for a change,
    I fully agree the "Scene" bummers will always look down their noses unless you throw £15k at the car you already paid that for,
    I posted no end of times on the forum asking for help with the audi/mk1 and mk2 golfs... not a single post,
    Then when the cars got near to being finished and i posted a picture of the three... ( all tidy and buffed) finaly i got replys...
    Stuck up sheep to be honest.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

    I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

  25. #24
    bhavin1986's Avatar
    BBP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    Im going down saturday evening and staying in a hotel near ,
    Im taking my mk2 golf for a change,
    I fully agree the "Scene" bummers will always look down their noses unless you throw £15k at the car you already paid that for,
    I posted no end of times on the forum asking for help with the audi/mk1 and mk2 golfs... not a single post,
    Then when the cars got near to being finished and i posted a picture of the three... ( all tidy and buffed) finaly i got replys...
    Stuck up sheep to be honest.
    Agree, but I think its because its full of kids who only like to see the 'shiney shiney' finished product and only a handful appreciate the process thats required to acheive the finished article.

    Anyhow, I'll be there tomorrow!

    17" BBS RS Reps, JOM Coilovers, TT ARB, Facelift Front & Rear Lights, Aero wipers, LEDs all round, 6000K HIDs, Blacked out Grill & Rings, De-wipered,
    12" 1000w FliTrap Sub, Colour Coded Lowers & Skirts...

  26. #25
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavin1986 View Post
    Agree, but I think its because its full of kids who only like to see the 'shiney shiney' finished product and only a handful appreciate the process thats required to acheive the finished article.

    Anyhow, I'll be there tomorrow!
    ++!!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO