******* SANTA POD - SUNDAY AUGUST 3RD *******

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Well i know its 3 months away, but its best to start planning early... that way alot more people can come! (if they can get out of bed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Its an excellent day, and hopefully should be a scorcher! (although it is england so will probably be pi$$ing it down)

Costs £9 each to get in and IIRC it is £13 race entry which gives you unlimited runs down the strip.

So... Who's up for this one? We can organise meet points/convoys at a later date.

Would be good to have a good 15 cars or so (More would be excellent)...

ClickHere to see what you will miss out on if u dont come! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich

I will be there in the S2000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Need to get a good 1/4 mile time for this beast, aiming for a high 13 seconder, what do you think?

I'll probably come down, will bring my car this time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Christian

[ QUOTE ]
That slow? i would say mide 13's no problem... as long as the track is nice and sticky!

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe, not sure, traction is a bitch and I waste a second or so getting into the VTEC zone.

My gf beat me out the lights this morning! Twice! Although once into second I was all over her bumper and maybe could have passed. She is no slouch either, and has learned how to launch the S3 properly (a good tutor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

[ QUOTE ]
They're dificult to launch with either too many revs and a burnt out clutch, or too few and bogs until vtec kicks in

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very true, very difficult to launch, still practising. I am certain though, that the S2000 will kick S3 ***, chipped or not once going, just compare:

S2000:
0-60 - 5.5secs (EVO)
0-100 - 14.6secs (EVO)
Weighs - 1250kg

S3
0-60 - 6.6secs (EVO) - i think more like 6.1
0-100 - 17.5secs (EVO) - i think more like 16
Weighs - 1470kg

I WILL get below 14 seconds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but I may need towing home to get a new clutch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Somehow, I don't think I will be pushing it as hard as you boys at Buxton. The limits are easy to find in the S3, in the S2000 its a different matter and currently I am trying to avoid hedges /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif.

Did try and take it through its paces yesterday round some twisties, and had a great time. Also managed 133km/h on a clear A road (very straight, no bumps) with the top down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

This car is going to take me months or years to learn, not a few days!

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Moff said:
Somehow, I don't think I will be pushing it as hard as you boys at Buxton. The limits are easy to find in the S3, in the S2000 its a different matter and currently I am trying to avoid hedges /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
Moff, getting those excuses in early there I see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Seriously though, I completely agree. Best getting used to it gently. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Count me in, hopefully i'll be back in the UK by then, and if i've got the time, it'll be APR'd by then, so we can see what it can do.

All the best

Lewy

Well the more people that come, the better it will be!

Rich

Room for a TT is there, may get a few from the tt forum coming along also if spaces available /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The more people the better... But as i said, i need to see if i can do it yet. I emailed them this morning but they havent yet replied.

Will post up as soon as they do.

Rich

Rich,

Count me in for August the 3rd!, that is providing:

1 - I don't get called in to work

2 - Nothing else breaks on my car!!!!

Thanks

Chris