Waaaayyyyy Up North meet???

28v6

People...

Looking to see if we can organise a chat n' beers somewhere, somehow... probably a Sunday afternoon, in the New Year.... So whos all up for filling a car park with some quality cars and a pub full of exhaust fumes then??? Might even get some of the old "Audi Ecosse" members to appear...

Is that after the repair to the Caddy (£545 for new clutch and flywheel!!) then there's todays debacle that will cost me £150 excess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif...Hmmmmm lets see, I just may have enough for a Can of Creamola Foam, water's still free ain't it?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
28v6 said:
, water's still free ain't it?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

BAD news mate was at a "frankie and bennys" today 500ml btl water £1.80!!!!!!!
dont worrie mate first few are on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'd be interested in meeting up. Not been to any forums / or socials before, but if you're willing to let a newbie join I'd like to meet some like minded Audi owners up here north of the border

Count me in. I'll pop my cherry next year too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Cheers
Ian

[ QUOTE ]
Ian Logendra said:
Count me in. I'll pop my cherry next year too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Cheers
Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooooooooeeeeerrrrrrr Missus!!! You are aware that this is an Audi Forum aren't you?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're more than welcome, look forward to seeing you... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I haven't been to one before. So i can't comment on a venue, but would be good to put some faces to names (i think!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Hot marques sometime this month - can't remember date.

If there is a day then I'll be there plus S3 plus 200 plus whoever else I can drag along...

[/ QUOTE ]

Only thing on the knockhill calendar is a hot hatch day on the 16th Jan. Usually quite funny watching folk crash their prize chicken paxo into the armco.
We could arrange to meet there and have a laugh then head to a boozer for a bit grub n banter if anyones interested.

Oh and yeah my RS6 needed a complete front end respray after that run silly speeds on salty roads cause a lorra lorra damage!

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Anyhoo, the 16th is good - the HotWrecks days are always good for a laugh, watching 2 neds who outbraked each other then T-boned a 3rd at the hairpin is priceless entertainment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely there is no excuse for this...

The driver of the about to be T-boned vehicle should have spotted two sets of wa*ker lights bearing down on him, and should have taken evasive action.
This is of course, assuming the driver of the 'about to be T-boned vehicle' could;

a) see the approaching threat through his pimp tints

b) muster enough energy from his mighty 1.2 to turn his oversize and overly bling wheels to attempt the get-away.

Or, we could see it as some form of 'chav transport' cull...the less of that sort of 'plastic fantastic' crap on the road, the better.

Anyway, I can't make the 16th as I will be heading back from the Autosport Show.

My windscreen was ****** after the last blast on gritted roads.

Just tell me when and where and I'll be along.

If there is a Hot Marques day I fancy taking the car on track.

[ QUOTE ]
fallmonk said:
[ QUOTE ]
RS4 Barry said:
[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Only thing on the knockhill calendar is a hot hatch day on the 16th Jan.Usually quite funny watching folk crash their prize chicken paxo into the armco.
We could arrange to meet there and have a laugh then head to a boozer for a bit of food

[/ QUOTE ]

so is this a go-er? whos up for it?????

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't make tomororw as my car is off the road - having had its wing mirrors nicked - replacements arrive monday.

but skid pan training or any training on how to drive my car would be really welcome.

COUNT ME IN PLEASE!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

those mirrors weigh a ton, you be hard pressed to move with them on!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm sure my car will handle a lot better without them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, it was fecking freezing at KH today. As well as wet. Plus there were lots of herbert's in nasty cars.

However, the 200 ran really well in the wet, sliding the tail at pretty much every corner and once the mental chavs had pushed each other off in the early sessions, the track driving was really civilised.

Roll on next weekend (saturday) for the hot marques day.

Any takers?

david - the 200? nissan?

If my car is back on the road, i'll try to make it.

I'm due new tyres soon - so might as well get some use out of the old ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
But never even seen a trackday,so just turning up to watch would be nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry never made it yesterday.

Was away for the weekend up in Aberfeldy.

Up for Next Sunday though def!

As for the comments about having meets at this time of year, you can have a meet without doing 120mph up someones ****! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

What about knockhill? Don't think they have many gritters cruising around the track. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:Up for Next Sunday though def!

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be on yer own then.. The HM day is SATURDAY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David. What time will you be there from and until.
I for some reason thought it was sunday too!!
Doh! Will try to make it though - depending on time.
Ta
Ian

Sorry Guys. Gonna have to give it a miss - i'm still mirror-less. Was really looking forward to it too. ALthough maybe the weather would have beaten us anyway.

Reason: I can't fit the aftermarkets. nothing wrong with them but the base plates are very very neat and won't fit because the metal that the wing mirrors attach to are seriously bent out of shape.
I can't even get the padding back in again.
I'm gonna try and get a set of OEM's as they would fit much easier due to way they attach. But that might be a while!!

Wasn't the best day yesterday to be doing mirrors so not really in the mood at the moment. Not feeling much love for me poor Audi at the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So i'm back in the Clio /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I think i'll just stick to driving on my xbox!

and to be honest it might not make the journey!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif i have to do a thank my lucky stars if it goes these days. i carry a jump starter unit in the boot and getting new battery for it from makro today!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:Have a good time Dave. Smoke an Impreza for me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As always.. on both points /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

my car is back on road...so am available....

still interested in the skid pan thing or learning how to drive the car fast and safely round corners on a track...

cool..i might just come up for a watch...build up the courage to actually doing a lap or 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

There are rumours that Glen is coming down from the North with his Porker...

[/ QUOTE ]

More than rumour...I'll be there.
I think the C4S needs a run to Knockhill...

No S3 then David?

S3 + Nissan (as stated in previous post)

I just need Brian to double check the geometry 1st and we'll be grand.