AITP Review

DriveByShooters

Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine
Reaction score
Hi All,*

Well what can I say?

Once again AITP surpassed all my expectations and was an even bigger success than I could of imagined!

AITP 2009 was an awesome show and set a very high bar. This years show needed to be extra special….And it was!!…and this is all thanks to you guys.

A show is nothing without people, you could have a cracking venue, amazing weather and if only a handful of cars/people turn up, the show fails!

In excess of 400 cars packed the field on Sunday, over double the figure of last year so you may begin to see why it was more than I could of dreamt of.

People travelled from all corners of the country and beyond to be there. Some travelled for 15hrs just to be a part of what is by far the biggest Audi only event in the land!

Trader numbers were up on last year, and I know taking a gamble on a relatively new show is always a risk for a trader, so a big thanks goes out to them too.

I really just wanted to take the time to thank each and every one of you that attended the show and supported the event.

Already I am being asked if I plan to hold AITP 2011 and initially the answer was no!

However, with the response, feedback and euphoria people have shown for the show, it would be hard to not give the people what they want.*

AITP 2011 WILL BE HAPPENING…!!!!* Watch this space!

As I’m sure some of you are aware, I run AITP single-handed. I have no funding or backing in running the event whatsoever.

In light of my commitment, a few of the forums have decided to nominate me for the Audi Driver Magazine awards Personality of the year.

Please see the link below and cast your vote as you see fit.

http://www.autometrix.co.uk/audidriver09/adivoteform2010.html

Once again, Many thanks to you all for making AITP what it is.

Regards

Calvin Chinsang

Event Manager

Audis in the Park

www.audisinthepark.co.uk

********. Does anyone have any glue I can use to stick the head back on my mate's horse? ;)

Good write-up mate, I'm glad there's so much positive stuff you can say; and particularly pleased to hear that 2011 will enjoy another AITP event! :beerchug:

All the best,

Rob.

Looked like a wicked day mate sorry I missed it but will def be there for 2011 congrats for making the event soooo successful .

hope there is a AITP 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i suppose you could take donations calvin huh!! im willing to add my 2p's worth(obviously a bit more than 2p lol)

hope there is a AITP 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i suppose you could take donations calvin huh!! im willing to add my 2p's worth(obviously a bit more than 2p lol)

Thanks Twig, that would be an awful lot of 2 pence pieces i'd have!

Calvin it would be a good idea to ask for a donations of the people how want AITP 2011 to happen. The fee is only £5 to enter the event as we all know many other event's this year have charged alot more. I think AITP is as good if not better than some of the mainstream show's. Also many member's brought the kid's along to enjoy the Wicksteed attraction's.

The last two AITP have been great and you are on a roll keep up the good work ......... History in the making

I am sure there will indeed be AITP 2011. Calvin you are a little diamond and its all down to you (and Annies patience) that this show is such a success! The venue is awsome, really hadn't realised what would be there, a real family day out!

Roll on AITP 2011.....

And Calvin, the colour for next year is?????? lol

So glad I went to AITP 2010. Even happier now it looks like there will be a 2011 Aitp to attend:)

Top work Calvin, and I would happily add my 2p's worth also to the fund! More than worth it sir!

hats to you calvin this year was an outstanding show as said its alot better and certainly from my point of view out do the bigger shows by a long way i hope that you decide to do a aitp11 because i had such a good day even tho i was very tired from lack of sleep but it was well worth all the hard work put in by everybody on there cars to be there and to you for putting together such an amazing car show
regards
fran

Nice one Calvin. Looking forward to it already, and my offer of any admin help I can provide you with stands. Just make sure you take time to enjoy the show too!

Thanks guys.

Let me TRY and explain. (this will be fun!)

AITP was NEVER created to make money....and to be totally honest, never will be about money.

Granted there are an awful lot of costs involved in running the show but (those that know me) do I come across as a person that would spend the money if I didnt want to?......in fact, do i come across as the sort of person that would even hold the show if I didnt want to?

I am passionate about the show and do it cos i want to.

The biggest payback in the world for me is to hear/read the feedback and euphoria that follows the show. Knowing that people look forward to the show, spend days and weeks getting their cars ready for the show...thats what drives me.

But lets not get above our station, AITP is only in its second year, and ok, we have been lucky with the weather on both occassions.

Someone (and not the first) has mentioned that most car shows are ferocious money to get in (per person)...and in the current financial climate make it so so expensive to take the family.

AITP is a family friendly car show, its only what I ever wanted it to be. I've said it before, we have track days etc for hooning around at, and they are fantastic. The name suggests it all. AUDIS in the PARK. The formula works.

I spoke, in length, tonight to a friend of mine who said "it was one on the best shows he has ever been to" and took great delight in telling me "You're a f**king pri*k if you dont hold AITP 2011"

Guess it looks like AITP is a bigger success than many people gave it credit for!

Peace

Calvin

well the threads alone thanking you and supporting you should tell you just how much the show is appreciated. The work some put into their cars before the show was immense! No one does that for nothing!

well the threads alone thanking you and supporting you should tell you just how much the show is appreciated. The work some put into their cars before the show was immense! No one does that for nothing!

Thank you, you and Watty were just 2 of those peeps that made that immense effort in getting the cars ready and i hope you ALL realise how appreciated I am.

I'm bracing myself for Satans Childs response...lol

who me... no... i would never use such naught words .. or be so harsh...lmfao.:eyebrows:

so... i think you see what i mean now... sooooooo much support and soooooo many people who are truley dedicated to this.... it will only grow is size ... and go from strength to strength

big yourself up kel.... it really was one of the best laughs and one of the best shows ive done in 20 odd years... **** .. that makes me feel old.....lmao

again... big up to you bruv....
jack...:p

Calvin, I said it to you on the day and even last year, I would defo have to say that this has been the best show I have been to for the past couple of years, other shows that I have been to recently, seem to have lost the fun factor of a show, I remember back in the day, 15years+ when shows were really good friendly environments, exactly what this show was like.

I take my hat off to you mate, you have done a grand job of the show and will defo be back next year.

Nilz

yup i fully agree with everything above..... best show ive ever been to mate...... roll on next year Calvin....top man

ps, if you want any help in getting more trade stands i could always nip down to JBS and egg them until they conceed :p

yup i fully agree with everything above..... best show ive ever been to mate...... roll on next year Calvin....top man

ps, if you want any help in getting more trade stands i could always nip down to JBS and egg them until they conceed :p

:lmfao: please record it :D