Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

Status

Audis in the Park 2010 Feedback!

What did ya ALL think?......Dont worry...i'm a big boy...I can take criticism...lol

Freelance Automotive Photography

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    A day in the sun talking to like-minded people about Audis whilst eating too many burgers & sausages without the kids nicking it; what do you think?

BRILLIANT!

I know you must have put in a lot of hard work to pull it off so WELL DONE mate. Really hope you're up for it again in 2011 but I expect it's the last thing on your mind right now. But if you are then I'll offer you any help I can.

5th Gear

Status
    As above, a great day and thanks to all who organised it and to all those who turned up and showed off some very nice Audis.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

..... (_!_) Sarah's A3s #1 Fan
    Railway Line Champion

Status
    Nice one Cal,

Beautiful day, lovely location, great cars, great people...., and a lovely surprise seeing us going down the same route, yo bro.., we rock.

Well done Cal, already planning colours for next year.

Dave.
    Audi A6 Avant (2002) 2.5 V6 Quattro. Sunroof, Bluetooth mp3 Xcarlink, 6cd, xenons, tints, ST3, 18" RS6s
    I have VCDS and I'm not afraid to use it, well, a little bit?

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Excellent day mate, location was spot on as well, the weather was perfect, show, cars, people, everything was just right!! (oh and the food).

6th Gear

Status
    Only 3 complaints

1. There were more evil speedbumps that i anticipated (about 6 in total)
    2. I've got sunburn
    3. I had a hangover most of the show

Apart from that, an awesome day

Really enjoyed myself, can't wait for next year!
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

thats me

Status
    I was working .................
    red to red black to black blue to bits

5th Gear

Status
    Cracking day loved it but as with Smudge the Speed bumps were evil!
    Ive been Badger 5'd

Can we break the magic 300?????? In a word Yes 314 BHP 249 lbft at Badger 5

Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    steves is way quicker than any stock turbo'd s3 i have driven
    I only date skinny Women! They keep my power to weight higher...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    Only 3 complaints

1. There were more evil speedbumps that i anticipated (about 6 in total)
    2. I've got sunburn
    3. I had a hangover most of the show

Apart from that, an awesome day

Really enjoyed myself, can't wait for next year!
    lol...i can't answer No 2 or No 3 but will answer the speed bump one.

I was PROMISED by the event co-ordinator of the park that ALL show traffic would be allowed access through a different smooth route.

I heard a few people say that security had closed the smooth route off and were sending people around and over the speedbumps!

When i went and asked nicely about re-opening the smooth route, i was told "No, there are far too many cars. they will have to go round the normal way"

"FFS its a car show!" was my reply!

I myself run an EXTREMELY low car and feel your pain!

I can only apologise for what was obviously a mix up with gate staff but hope it didnt spoil anyones day!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveByShooters View Post
    lol...i can't answer No 2 or No 3 but will answer the speed bump one.

I was PROMISED by the event co-ordinator of the park that ALL show traffic would be allowed access through a different smooth route.

I heard a few people say that security had closed the smooth route off and were sending people around and over the speedbumps!

When i went and asked nicely about re-opening the smooth route, i was told "No, there are far too many cars. they will have to go round the normal way"

"FFS its a car show!" was my reply!

I myself run an EXTREMELY low car and feel your pain!

I can only apologise for what was obviously a mix up with gate staff but hope it didnt spoil anyones day!
    no worries, i only scraped a bit on most of em.......

People looking at me and feeling my pain gave me some sympathy

Still, was an awesome day!

I'll be back!!!

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Many thank's to Calvin and Mark, Stacey,Rob,Helen (sorry if i missed anyone out) for a fantastic AITP 2010 and ASN club stand, last year's number's was good but this year's turn out was massive. Well done everyone. For me it was the best show this year . Audi's, food, Sunshine ( burnt leg's arm's and face).. A perfect day.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Avantageous

Status
    Awesome day. Great cars, great people, really nice to meet some of you guys and see your lovely cars! And I have hopefully sold my car now because of AITP.

The only thing I was a bit dissapointed with was the trade stalls. I was hoping there would be loads, and maybe a few spare parts lying around. But apart from that it was perfect. Apart from those dreaded speed humps!! :D

Status
    Trade stalls is always a tricky one.......two traders didnt even bother to turn up, and they had paid there traders pitch fees!

Being a new show, Traders really dont want to commit to something that may be a waste of time and money for them, so I understand that.

Maybe if i decide to do an AITP 2011, traders will realise that its not everyday over 400 Audis are in one place on one day!

All said and done, thanks for the comments.

Unfortunately, I am learning by my mistakes. It was only my 2nd show so I suppose I still have a lot more learning to do. lol

Avantageous

Status
    Trade stalls is always a tricky one.......two traders didnt even bother to turn up, and they had paid there traders pitch fees!

Being a new show, Traders really dont want to commit to something that may be a waste of time and money for them, so I understand that.

Maybe if i decide to do an AITP 2011, traders will realise that its not everyday over 400 Audis are in one place on one day!

All said and done, thanks for the comments.

Unfortunately, I am learning by my mistakes. It was only my 2nd show so I suppose I still have a lot more learning to do. lol
    You've got to do an AITP 2011!! No doubts about it.

And hopefully the trade stalls will be bigger and better next year. Maybe try Parts Depot, I think they would go down very well there.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFurlong View Post
    You've got to do an AITP 2011!! No doubts about it.
    LOL....I will see!.......still coming down from yesterday TBH.

Always blows me away that One (short arse) man with a laptop can create a monster like AITP!

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    mate what an absolutely spot on day......

I really enjoyed it even if i was spaced out with other commitments for the day (joys of taking the misus and friends)

Will definately be coming to next years, hopefully you'll get more trade interest as i think the sheer amount of cars there, warrants it entirely...... the only shame is that you havent got anywhere to do any runs to open it up to a little to those not wanting to just show their cars..... to think you single handedly set all that up is amazing, spot on fella and roll on many years to come
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Brilliant day Calvin, glad that weather you ordered up turned up on the day even if some of the traders didn't...

Well done everyone for winning ASN best club stand too... great effort all round :D

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had a great day thanks to the organizers, it was also nice to see families enjoying themselves in such an old fashion theme park, the train that goes around the lake, the mono rail that you have to pedal, the water shoot was built in 1926 it looked like a wooden skip hurtling down the ramp with a big long rope attached to haul it back up, classic stuff. Thanks again enjoyed the whole event.

6th Gear

Status
    I had an amazing day, considering i never bought my car and thats i've been in a bad mood for nearly a week lol.
    Weather was lovely, every one seemed friendly and beautiful cars every where i went.
    Hopefully there will be an 2011 so i can bring my car. Thanks to thanks to all who were involved in organised it.
    Great Day
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Absolutely brilliant. Didnt go to last years but wished we had. Met some friends i'd wanted to meet for ages, met some new friends, saw some cars I couldnt stop drooling over and was able to show my efforts off! Great weather and like Jord, got loads of sun burn lol! Mark and Stacey did a great job and Staz was a top guy, a huge thanks to you matey!
    Come on AITP 2011!!!!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Status
    AITP feedback....

Do it next year :0)

Stacey
    Follow us on Facebook-Stacey-Byzan Photography-

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Princess View Post
    AITP feedback....

Do it next year :0)

Stacey
    Might do.....might not
    Last edited by DriveByShooters; 9th August 2010 at 22:54.

events moderator

Status
    i had a cracking day lots of very nice cars there awesome weather to got the sunburn to prove it to lol fingers crossed aitp will be back next year well done calvin top show
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    it was a great afternoon out, well afternoon for me as i had a lay in, what happened to the "Everyday User" option for the competition? the winner only brings it out for shows!

but all in all, a great turn out by all, hooked up with a few of the top audi sport members, you know who you are you spoke to me, lol

looking forward to AITP 2011,

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    it was a great afternoon out, well afternoon for me as i had a lay in, what happened to the "Everyday User" option for the competition? the winner only brings it out for shows!

but all in all, a great turn out by all, hooked up with a few of the top audi sport members, you know who you are you spoke to me, lol

looking forward to AITP 2011,
    I was talking to Mike and Ashley about this...a car is not a car if you keep it in the garage for 51/52 weeks of the year. A car is designed to be used everyday, and people who are able to keep it spotless and modded to fook whilst still using it everyday deserve more credit i think

I'll be back!!!

Status
    The Yellow TT owner drove down from Huddersfield (I think) that morning and cleaned the car when he got there.

I have seen the owner at numerous events and he ALWAYS drives it there.

Hats off to the guy!....and the voting system is probably the fairest around

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    there were a couple of cars in the show and shine that i did wonder 'what the hell' ...although i must admit it should be encouraged to get more along - maybe access to a tap so all these people can wash their cars upon arrival.....it smelt of death with all the flies!!

That TT was lovely though....and the yellow S3, what a colour!!
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

1st Gear

Status
    I think a top 5/10 award system would work better

A3 TDI Sport

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sarah's A3
    Was going to say hello but didn’t get the chance mine was the other A3 3.2 V6 S-line DSG Quattro I think there was only two possibly three any way see you next year.

Administrator

Status
    Might do.....might not
    You think about that while I note some things down bud...

1) I've got your works' phone number.
    2) I've got access to approximately ~40,000 email addresses.
    3) I'm not beyond asking 40,000 people to call you at work to pester the sh*t out of you to do it.

4a) I know someone with a horse.
    4b) I know someone with a chainsaw.

Anyway, on to feedback... Well, there's not much to be said which hasn't been already, but AITP cemented its place as the finest event in the Audi calendar. Great cars, great surroundings (and facilities), nice folk, and a relaxed atmosphere mean that it was only ever going to be another brilliant day out. The weather wasn't too shabby either (fashion fans will be excited to learn that there's a high probability of my panama returning to NEXT YEAR'S EVENT (Calvin!) thanks to my head being not far off Misano red at the moment!). Thanks to all those involved in putting the show on, those involved in organising our monopolising the majority of the field, and indeed those who parked such a nice selection of Audis with us.

All the best,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge_don View Post
    I was talking to Mike and Ashley about this...a car is not a car if you keep it in the garage for 51/52 weeks of the year. A car is designed to be used everyday, and people who are able to keep it spotless and modded to fook whilst still using it everyday deserve more credit i think
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FLASHDRIVE View Post
    Sarah's A3
    Was going to say hello but didn’t get the chance mine was the other A3 3.2 V6 S-line DSG Quattro I think there was only two possibly three any way see you next year.

Hey no probs. I did have a good look around your car, very nice indeed! Maybe we need name badges next year lol, I need to put a name to faces! But yup, say hi next year!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Sheridan

Status
    Calvin,

I just want to reiterate the comments below. Once again a brilliant show even better than last year. I even survived the camping with the missus!
    I would also like to extend my thanks to Stacie, Mark and everyone else involved in an excellent day and a brilliant stand enabling us to win the best stand for the second year running. The other clubs must think it is a fix!

Bring on AITP 2011.

Cheers,

Sheridan
    A4 Cabriolet 2.0T Special Edition in Quartz Grey with Black leather, parking distance control, bi-Xenon headlights, Bose sound, Synphony Cd, Comfort pack (Electric memory seats, auto dimming rear view mirror, auto dimming folding mirrors, Auto lights & wipers),Heated seats, Auto air recert, Colour DIS, I-pod connection, Wind deflector.
    Mods: LEDs inside and out, Revo, Milltek, Dension Ice, smart top

Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status
    once again a fantastic show with everything a man like me needs in his life....Audi's old and new, Sun, BBQ and women lol thanks to everyone who organised it a big thumbs up especially to calvin who does all this event organising for nowt(aswel as others) thanks guys and i look forward to AITP 2011!!!!

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    The Yellow TT owner drove down from Huddersfield (I think) that morning and cleaned the car when he got there.

I have seen the owner at numerous events and he ALWAYS drives it there.

Hats off to the guy!....and the voting system is probably the fairest around
    Come on now, He may have driven there but thats about it, didnt he win at the audi meet at The Heritage Motor Centre in 2008 ? come on , even i can see a pattern here, That car is not used everyday like the rest of us, that car was a weekend car at the very most, trust me, i see enough of them in my job, out of all them cars, the same car won, 2 times in 3 years?

(was a lovely TT and extramly clean)