Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Jen – Juicy Detailing

Status

Winter Protection on Performance Blue Ford Focus ST Mountune

Vicki popped in during September with her performance blue focus ST which was in need of some TLC. We agreed together that it needs correcting, however with the winter looming fast this has been booked in for April/May next year.
    She was keen to get the car prepared so that it would make washing easier and prevent further damage being caused. Discussing her current techniques the usual one bucket and sponge was discovered, therefore as well as giving this beast some love I also gave Vicki information about how to look after it from now on.
    Ok here are the before pictures....

She also required the engine bay to be cleaned...befores:

I decided to start with the engine bay first to ensure that I didnt run out of time at the end. I checked all the electrical connections first and then using the pressure washer gave it a light mist to wet it down but not soaking. Spraying Juicy APC liberally all over the engine/bonnet underside and using a small detailing brush I agitated all the areas and then rinsed. Next it was fully dried and then dressed using Chemical Guys Bare Bones.

The finished bay:

The wheels were absolutely mancky and needed quite a bit of work....I used both Valet Pro Blue wheel Gel and Valet Pro Bilberry to shift muck. In addition I used another small detailing brush and a Vikan Long Reach Wheel brush to get around the drum and behind the spokes. The wheel arches were also cleaned at the same time.

I never took this pic :lol:

Right wheels done and moved on to bodywork. There was quite alot of tar on the lower half of the car so I sprayed it with Valet Pro Tar & Glue Remover left to dwell for a bit and then did my pre-wash using Valet Pro pH Neutral Snow Foam

It was left to dwell for 5 minutes while I prepared for the wash

The car was washing using a Supernatural Short Hair Wash Mitt and Chemical Guys Glossworkz Shampoo. Onced washed I clayed the car (including paintwork, lights, windows) using yellow fine poly clay and juicy lube and tbh I was quite suprised that wasnt much contamination that came off.

I washed again and then dried using a Chemical Guys Wooly Mammoth.

To cleanse the panels and make it sparkle I used Dodo Juice Lime Prime which helped to brighten and mask some of the swirls.

Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 sealant was applied to both paintwork/alloys and then a coat of Supernatural Hybrid paste....I didn't have much chance to take any pictures of these stages unfortunately.

The trims, plastics (including honeycomb grill) and tyres were treated with Valet Pro Dionysus Trim Glitz and windows cleaned with Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol. Exhausts cleaned using Britemax metal cleaner

The finshed car:

I usually try and take more photos as I go through the process so sorry its not more involved.

Thanks for looking, Jen x

Authorised Sponsor of Audi-Sport.net with exclusive offers for members

2012 8P3 AKA The Green Goblin in Exclusive Java Green, Stage 1 Shark bite

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Very nice that Jen.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour