Audi vs Tree

an RS6!!! phew that looks a mess

It's an RS6, and been posted a while back.

Not nice to look at though.

Me neither. I'd be crying if it was my car...

(i) Thank God there were no passengers as they would not have walked
(ii) I think there was some discussion when posted elsewhere as to how much of the damage was impact and how much cutting the car open to extract someone.......

This has been about for a couple of years now. Was linked to on PassionFord some time last year. Driver walked away which I think was more by luck than judgment. Aim for a lamp post as they aren't as well routed and do tend to bend unlike a 200 year old Oak tree

Its all to do with the thickness of the tree!! Thin trees slice through cars like cheesewire - I saw a 540i once, had hit a tree and it was in 2, the prop shaft was easy 3" and broke clean in half :scared2: Obviously this doesn't apply to saplings .....

Couldn't see where else to post as 'General' section is for anything other than cars.

No, I don't think a sappling would do quite as much damage hahaha.

that has to be the non-cash equivalent of winning the euro lottery. what a lucky barsteward.

the tree however sued his *** for grand whiplash.

I remember this when it first came about. The driver is the guy holding the mobile phone and talking to the cops. Very little cutting if any was done as the drivers door etc is fully intact. The car was on ebay for spares about two weeks after it happened.

And if I remember correctly, the driver isn't the owner. It belonged to a mate of his. He posted up all the info on an Audi site somewhere.

I wouldn't of thought you could salvage any spare from that.......

He was definately a lucky boy, somebody was with him on that day !!!!

Nice, lend someone your car and end up getting a smear back!

Just goes to show how strong trees really are!

i did read once that this may have been set up as an emergency services training op.

the thing i cant understand is where are the marks on the tree? i work with trees almost every day so know they would mark, and having hit one once myself know from firs hand experience how much impact/damage would be done.

not saying it not defo real but to do that much damage to to the car would at least remove the bark lol

I'm pretty certain that one's legit as it was an MTM tuned one I believe that someone was supposed to be trst driving.

The setup one I think was the one with the A3 the was cut in half down the b pillars.

J.

Abt tuned, you can see tha badge in one pic!

(i) Thank God there were no passengers as they would not have walked
(ii) I think there was some discussion when posted elsewhere as to how much of the damage was impact and how much cutting the car open to extract someone.......

If there was no passengers and the driver walked out on his own there would be no reason to cut the car to free anyone.
Maybe it was all accident damage afterall,the lucky ******.