JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    6th Gear

Status

Insurance is on the up !

Just got my re-newal through Ł100 more than last year with no claims made. Personally think its a joke, i understand the industry was hit over xmas due to the bad weather but those you havent claimed shouldnt be penalised, solely my insurance comapanies have made 100% profit on me over a number of years anyway thats my thoughts on the subject.

If anyone can recommend good insurers please let me know i searched the obvious gocompare, comparethemarket, tescocompare, quoteline, LV, AF not much joy.

Matt
    Last edited by mattyboy199; 19th June 2010 at 15:24.
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    admiral, direct line?

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

6th Gear

Status
    they were both included in the comparison sites bell are looking favourite
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Milltek system

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Swiftcover.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Aviva is the best for me, Ł400 cheaper than the next best.
    8P Audi A3 2.0TDI Quattro Sport - what a change from my 1.0L CorsaC!!!

follow me on Twitter - Jonay1990 for #Photography #Aviation #Mil #Automotive #Subsea

6th Gear

Status
    just got quoted Ł9222.19 to insure the car by right choice, fortunately they offer 8 x Ł970.85 installments with a Deposit Ł2305.55

Audi insurance Full Payment Insurance policy price Ł89303.20 or Ł13399.53 deposit followed by 11 monthly payments by direct debit of Ł8041.75

You gotta laugh !

wanted for 8L S3:
    Milltek system

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonay View Post
    Aviva is the best for me, Ł400 cheaper than the next best.
    tried them no remaps allowed

wanted for 8L S3:
    Milltek system

S3 Drift King!

Status
    For remapped cars, it has to been Greenlight and AdrianFlux, also give SkyInsurance a call, they seem pretty good.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    You know how much my dad got quoted for on my fiesta once.. Ł9450.66!!!! And that was from the AA. For fun, i rang the company up and pretended that it was the cheapest quote, the guy was soo baffled and after i said that, "oh this was the cheapest quote i could find so i have to go with it" he said, "it isnt the cheapest of insurance but you do get some good benefits!"... i replied, "good benefits.. mate, i bought this car for Ł900, im 53 years old with 30yrs+ ncb (acted as my dad) and your asking me to pay 10 and a half times the value of my car? Will i write it off 10 and a half times?" Then he said.. "well im pleased we can lower this price" I said, "oh great to what??.. he replied. "To, Ł9266.22 or Ł9120.Ł27 if you take out our breakdown cover." I said, "FANTASTIC.. Im getting my debit card right now.. let me just put you on hold.." CLICK.. i put the phone down. Im with swiftcover now and paying 800ish i think!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Lost in music...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    For remapped cars, it has to been Greenlight and AdrianFlux, also give SkyInsurance a call, they seem pretty good.
    +1

It's all down to personal situations, who wants you this Year etc etc but Greenlight were Ł200 cheaper than all the others for me & the S3 this time. Ł400 cheaper than the Sky Insurance quote anyway...

OP - you were lucky your renewal only went up Ł100 this Year - Direct Line wanted an extra Ł450 off me with no claims, convictions or changes in the Year! Worth a try...