Insurance - Please offer advice - 21Y/O

Spadez

Reaction score
Hi!

Ive just turned 21, and ive always been a huge fan of the Audi A3. Id love to buy one, but my initial issurance quotes have been over £2000.

This is the kind of A3 im looking for: LINK

Ive been drving two years but dont have any NCB as I was on mums policy. If the insurance was between £1000-1500 I could afford it, but I cant justify £2000.

Am I ********, or is there still hope?

:hi:

Well fella- maybe not ********, but lightly shafted like all of us wanting to drive nowadays. Maybe try and find something a little lower powered until you've biutl up the no claims? If you can't show no claims, then insurers are going to be sceptical. I thought some insurers considered named drivers if you were named on your Mums policy.

In my youth, everyone was after 205 GTis, so I got a more dull looking 309 SRi. Same engine, but much cheaper to insure and just as much fun. However, nowadays things are a bit different. Got my S3 last Year and was told come back when you've got the experience of a fast car. This Years premiums - 45% higher than last Year with no claims or convictions and I'm 37!!! :banghead:

As ever, shopping around is the way. There's always one company who wants your business...

Yes your ********. Don't want you thinking your going to get it at a low price. Insurance is expensive this year god dammit! And with you being 21 and wanting to drive an A3..Listen bud, if you really want to drive one, pay the premium for driving an premium car..If you can't afford it..well..you know the answer..I've being paying 1.5k-2k a year for insurance on all my cars. Sucks.

I banged just over $2k every year on insurance since I started driving xD
Just bought myself an A4 cab and they charged me an extra £800 on top of what Id already paid for on my Lexus.......Im 22.....Never drove anything under 2 litres and they still shaft me....get used to it xD

Please say that wasn't written as a good suggestion? Or as serious statement?

im 21 and have been driving a 1.6litre A3 Sport (2006) for 2years now and i had no No Claims at the time =] now two years down the line got 2years NCBs owned the car over 2 years same with licence and the cheapest insurance i can get is 1900...which is 500quid MORE than my last years quote :S im hoping when it gets closer to when i HAVE to insure i get a cheaper one like last year xD litterly last day of insurance i kept phoning around and got 1400! and before that i was getting 1800 so like BigBird said someone will want your business :) but as tku says if you really want to drive one, pay the premium for driving a premium car which is what i have to do :(

p.s. i got my first years insurance paid for me through a good deal which ment i didnt have to find 2985quid for the first years insurance o_O

I'm 24 and have an Audi RS4 B7 (£886 a year fully comp) a Mercedes SL55AMG (£1,200 a year fully comp) and a BMW 325 (£400 a year fully comp)

NCB Since I was 17 and had no accidents.

All cars insured through Admiral with no problems to date.

Really don't understand why people pay so much for insurance these days. Shop around!

Last edited:
I'm 20, had my licence for 1 year, have 1 NCB and I've got a 2005 A3 2.0TDi QS

how much fully comp?

Bare in mind that it's all (insurance in my name car in my name, 15000mi p/a) with my dad as an additional driver (which actually only brought it down £15!)

£745

I'm 20, had my licence for 1 year, have 1 NCB and I've got a 2005 A3 2.0TDi QS

how much fully comp?

Bare in mind that it's all (insurance in my name car in my name, 15000mi p/a) with my dad as an additional driver (which actually only brought it down £15!)

£745

i envy you soo much mate! :D good luck to ya! and who you insured with anyways if you dont mind me asking? :p

Aviva.

It's all a postcode lottery though mind!

I'm 24 and have an Audi RS4 B7 (£886 a year fully comp) a Mercedes SL55AMG (£1,200 a year fully comp) and a BMW 325 (£400 a year fully comp)

NCB Since I was 17 and had no accidents.

All cars insured through Admiral with no problems to date.

Really don't understand why people pay so much for insurance these days. Shop around!

Lol, why should you worry about insurance costs if you can afford to own 3 luxury high powered cars? Chirst you pay almost £250 a month in insurance alone.

Last edited: