Got no where with Sky quote today :-(

elton121272

Reaction score
After reading this section of teh forum I decided to give sky a try. Left 3 messages for callback and eventually got a nice gent who helped me through the quote.

Basically I'm based in Glasgow, 37 with 10 yrs NCD lookking at insuring a S3SB BE in a 10 plate with buckets, sat nav, etc. Total cost of vehicle was £34.5k.

Told them - upon their asking - about the most competitive quote so far - £369 from Elephant.

Was told that they couldn't cover me and offer no reasoning why other than the cost of the vehicle was too high - which I would consider and told the rep so as nonesense when they are advertising on this forum with non flattering 20% discount quotes!!

Anyway have since found an even better quote based on dual insurance including the wifes car and the S3 works out at £340.

Cheers.

Hi and thank you for trying us.

We did struggle with the value of the vehicle, for our main scheme the value is capped at £20K.

The price you have had is also very good, in this case we were unable to compete with it via the different schemes we offer.

For the majority of Audi-Sport members we should be competitive and we have inusred a fair few of you in the last few weeks!

Apologies again we were unable to help you

Ollie
Sky Insurance

After reading this section of teh forum I decided to give sky a try. Left 3 messages for callback and eventually got a nice gent who helped me through the quote.

Basically I'm based in Glasgow, 37 with 10 yrs NCD lookking at insuring a S3SB BE in a 10 plate with buckets, sat nav, etc. Total cost of vehicle was £34.5k.

Told them - upon their asking - about the most competitive quote so far - £369 from Elephant.

Was told that they couldn't cover me and offer no reasoning why other than the cost of the vehicle was too high - which I would consider and told the rep so as nonesense when they are advertising on this forum with non flattering 20% discount quotes!!

Anyway have since found an even better quote based on dual insurance including the wifes car and the S3 works out at £340.

Cheers.

That is very cheap for a new S3 SB! I think it's fair to say that you managed to get the best quote by shopping around. Can't really blame SkyInsurance here, that quote is really cheap, and when an insurance company can't beat it, I'd just accept it at that, why need an excuse? Why are other insurance company's quoting double the amount in some instances?

I have to admit, Sky gave me the best quote for my S3(all mods declared) when I enquired last year(It was a fiver less). But out of loyalty, and a price matching policy that I had with AdrianFlux, I stayed with them, as I've been with AF for the last 4 years and didn't know much about Sky Insurance.

Ollie, I have to say, your insurance seems to have a high number of restrictions??

Now I don't know a lot about insurance, but it seems a little odd that Sky won't cover a large number of post codes, ages and car values . . . ?

Not a gripe, more of an interested comment!

We have some restrictions on our car clubs scheme, eg postcode, vehicle value etc. We exclude some high risks to enable us to keep our book clean and pass savings on to customer who do meet our criteria. This is great for some, but not great for people who do not meet the criteria.

Ah OK, thanks for the info Ollie. Does this mean that going through non car-club related schemes, it is worth calling you guys?

Same. Got nowhere with them today.
I'm 20 with 3 years no claims. 1 accident which I was not at fault.

There advert claims you need to be 19 with a licence for 2 years,
I'm 20 with a licence for 3 years and they said they can't provide a quote because of my age.

They seem like a very selective insurance company.

39,12 years ncb,st1 area clean license a3 2.0 tdi.sky quoted me £290 comprehensive.....best quote ive had is £276 if they beat this then il join sky by the 25th !