Driving other cars third party.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Does anyone know if it's possible to drive a car under third party insurance via my own insurance, on a car that's registered to myself?

The insurance document's wording is, I'm allowed to drive other cars under third party which does not belong to me, I was just wondering if the car actually belongs to me, am I insured? And YES, the car is insured, but just not by me.

Registered to but not owned by yourself.. I'd say no but call your insurer to double check.

Reactions: jojo
You could sell the car on for a short while ?

Not really worth the paper work hassle and extra owner?

My understanding is if you own the car you can't drive it under the drive any car part of your insurance.

If you want to drive it insure it but then you can't have 1 car insured twice, so you might as well get the wife/brother to put you down as a named driver?

Hi Joe
You can't use the driving other cars extension for a car that you own. You mention that a car is owned by you but insured by someone else. As has been mentioned , it's best to check with the insurers who are insuring that car to make sure they know the person insuring it is not the owner.

Hi Joe
You can't use the driving other cars extension for a car that you own. You mention that a car is owned by you but insured by someone else. As has been mentioned , it's best to check with the insurers who are insuring that car to make sure they know the person insuring it is not the owner.

Thanks Tim, that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure that's all! The said car is currently insured on a traders policy to stay 'legal', as it's tax'd, so it's not that simple just to 'add' my name onto the policy! Lol