Question for anyone with Prestige insurance

Tibernius

Reaction score
Does your actual policy state that your car is modified?

My insurance with Direct Line ran out last week, and since they don't allow any modifications at all if you're under 25 I decided to swap insurers.

Chased around most of the companies and they were quoting about £1600, since I've only got 1 year no claims (only got my first car a year ago) and I've only had this car 2 months. Phoned Prestige up and they quoted me £1200, only a couple of hundred more than Direct Line, so I went with it.

Now I went to sort the documents out last night and the actual insurance document (from Aviva) says that the car isn't modified, although I told them over the phone that I was going to put new wheels on it as soon as the policy started.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it something to be worried about,or is normal?

I'd contact them pretty sharpish

Thanks voorhees, thought it sounded a bit dodgy.

Just got through to them on the phone (been trying most of the morning) and they said they're going to send a new set of documents with the wheels mentioned on them on Monday.

They also said that not all modifications show up on the policy, but as long as they're made aware of them they're still covered.

Sorry if I sound like a total noob, this is only the second policy I've had and a bit of googling didn't show up anything about this.

Thanks voorhees, thought it sounded a bit dodgy.

Just got through to them on the phone (been trying most of the morning) and they said they're going to send a new set of documents with the wheels mentioned on them on Monday.

They also said that not all modifications show up on the policy, but as long as they're made aware of them they're still covered.

Sorry if I sound like a total noob, this is only the second policy I've had and a bit of googling didn't show up anything about this.
Good result,you don't want to find out the hard way that you have no insurance,some companies (not prestige) look at every minute detail when a claim goes in so they can get out of paying up.
No not a noob at all,good job you asked,maybe someone not sure on their own policy may see this and query theirs so it all helps.

Hi Tibernius
Yes, as long as you have told us about all the mods then that is fine.

I also once worked for 20+ years with an insurance company who had a special scheme for modified cars but they never listed the mods on their policies!