Chris NottEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

Job Titles and Insurance?

RS4 insurance for younger driver?

As per the above post. I'd like to know what's classed as a less-risky job title. I'm self employed and work from home or remotely. I don't commute and only visit clients a couple of times a month. So my car is sat outside most of the time and I'm paying £1400 for my A3. I haven't had a car for the past 4 years (living abroad) but prior to that (Jul 2008) I had 4 years' NCB, which I believe can't be carried over my most recent insurance (Jul 2012)? Correct?

29 year old, no claims/accidents, no NCB (unless the above is wrong), pretty poor post code NE33 I do believe even though it's safe as houses round here.

Now then, I put my job title as marketing manager or marketing consultant (can't remember) which I assume isn't the best title. I could put anything as I run the company and do everything.

What's the best job title to lower premiums then? I'm due for renewal in May.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Why don't you just pick a few that reflects your job, then get a quote with them, it's easy to update details and update price. I run a take away, but I use Fast Food Proprietor.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Why don't you just pick a few that reflects your job, then get a quote with them, it's easy to update details and update price. I run a take away, but I use Fast Food Proprietor.
    True true. I always find calling them up usually gets better prices than online these days.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    True true. I always find calling them up usually gets better prices than online these days.
    I find that calling is cheaper for modified cars, as you need to declare the mods, but for standard cars, gocompare and moneysupermarket are better for standard cars.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    RS4 insurance for younger driver?

As per the above post. I'd like to know what's classed as a less-risky job title. I'm self employed and work from home or remotely. I don't commute and only visit clients a couple of times a month. So my car is sat outside most of the time and I'm paying £1400 for my A3. I haven't had a car for the past 4 years (living abroad) but prior to that (Jul 2008) I had 4 years' NCB, which I believe can't be carried over my most recent insurance (Jul 2012)? Correct?

29 year old, no claims/accidents, no NCB (unless the above is wrong), pretty poor post code NE33 I do believe even though it's safe as houses round here.

Now then, I put my job title as marketing manager or marketing consultant (can't remember) which I assume isn't the best title. I could put anything as I run the company and do everything.

What's the best job title to lower premiums then? I'm due for renewal in May.
    We don't load for occupations on our insurance scheme so no problem with us

Free MOT with Halfords when you renew with us!
    Feedback - www.prestigekeepmoving.com/p/car-clubs.html
    Prestige Keep Moving Insurance Scheme provided by The A&A Group Limited
    0800 3308057 or 0333 4001580 if ringing by mobile

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Moneysavingexpert.com has a tool on it that works out what is the best title to use when quoting for insurance.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilz View Post
    Moneysavingexpert.com has a tool on it that works out what is the best title to use when quoting for insurance.
    Really? I've been using that a fair bit to check on prices but it doesn't seem to make any difference it seems. Must just be no NCB or my area that is causing absolutely cack results.