Chris NottEM Tuning
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    751

    Job Titles and Insurance?

    RS4 insurance for younger driver?

    As per the above post. I'd like to know what's classed as a less-risky job title. I'm self employed and work from home or remotely. I don't commute and only visit clients a couple of times a month. So my car is sat outside most of the time and I'm paying £1400 for my A3. I haven't had a car for the past 4 years (living abroad) but prior to that (Jul 2008) I had 4 years' NCB, which I believe can't be carried over my most recent insurance (Jul 2012)? Correct?

    29 year old, no claims/accidents, no NCB (unless the above is wrong), pretty poor post code NE33 I do believe even though it's safe as houses round here.

    Now then, I put my job title as marketing manager or marketing consultant (can't remember) which I assume isn't the best title. I could put anything as I run the company and do everything.

    What's the best job title to lower premiums then? I'm due for renewal in May.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,574
    Why don't you just pick a few that reflects your job, then get a quote with them, it's easy to update details and update price. I run a take away, but I use Fast Food Proprietor.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  4. #3
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Why don't you just pick a few that reflects your job, then get a quote with them, it's easy to update details and update price. I run a take away, but I use Fast Food Proprietor.
    True true. I always find calling them up usually gets better prices than online these days.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

  5. #4
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,574
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    True true. I always find calling them up usually gets better prices than online these days.
    I find that calling is cheaper for modified cars, as you need to declare the mods, but for standard cars, gocompare and moneysupermarket are better for standard cars.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  6. #5
    Tim@Prestige's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    RS4 insurance for younger driver?

    As per the above post. I'd like to know what's classed as a less-risky job title. I'm self employed and work from home or remotely. I don't commute and only visit clients a couple of times a month. So my car is sat outside most of the time and I'm paying £1400 for my A3. I haven't had a car for the past 4 years (living abroad) but prior to that (Jul 2008) I had 4 years' NCB, which I believe can't be carried over my most recent insurance (Jul 2012)? Correct?

    29 year old, no claims/accidents, no NCB (unless the above is wrong), pretty poor post code NE33 I do believe even though it's safe as houses round here.

    Now then, I put my job title as marketing manager or marketing consultant (can't remember) which I assume isn't the best title. I could put anything as I run the company and do everything.

    What's the best job title to lower premiums then? I'm due for renewal in May.
    We don't load for occupations on our insurance scheme so no problem with us



    Free MOT with Halfords when you renew with us!
    Feedback - www.prestigekeepmoving.com/p/car-clubs.html
    Prestige Keep Moving Insurance Scheme provided by The A&A Group Limited
    0800 3308057 or 0333 4001580 if ringing by mobile





  7. #6
    Nilz's Avatar
    Defo worth the wait :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    10,090
    Moneysavingexpert.com has a tool on it that works out what is the best title to use when quoting for insurance.

  8. #7
    JudderMan's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilz View Post
    Moneysavingexpert.com has a tool on it that works out what is the best title to use when quoting for insurance.
    Really? I've been using that a fair bit to check on prices but it doesn't seem to make any difference it seems. Must just be no NCB or my area that is causing absolutely cack results.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Remap and insurance
    By marctwo in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 22nd August 2012, 18:53
  2. New wheels and insurance
    By Little_Si in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 8th April 2005, 16:00
  3. Alloys and insurance
    By langtonr in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31st January 2005, 22:29
  4. Remapping and insurance - UK
    By imported_bearboy in forum Detailing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th August 2004, 12:07
  5. 1.8 versus a 1.8 Turbo and insurance prices
    By manikm in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th May 2004, 21:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO