Job Titles and Insurance?

JudderMan

Reaction score
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/rs4-fo...rs4-insurance-younger-driver.html#post1761638

As per the above post. I'd like to know what's classed as a less-risky job title. I'm self employed and work from home or remotely. I don't commute and only visit clients a couple of times a month. So my car is sat outside most of the time and I'm paying £1400 for my A3. I haven't had a car for the past 4 years (living abroad) but prior to that (Jul 2008) I had 4 years' NCB, which I believe can't be carried over my most recent insurance (Jul 2012)? Correct?

29 year old, no claims/accidents, no NCB (unless the above is wrong), pretty poor post code NE33 I do believe even though it's safe as houses round here.

Now then, I put my job title as marketing manager or marketing consultant (can't remember) which I assume isn't the best title. I could put anything as I run the company and do everything.

What's the best job title to lower premiums then? I'm due for renewal in May.

Why don't you just pick a few that reflects your job, then get a quote with them, it's easy to update details and update price. I run a take away, but I use Fast Food Proprietor.

Why don't you just pick a few that reflects your job, then get a quote with them, it's easy to update details and update price. I run a take away, but I use Fast Food Proprietor.

True true. I always find calling them up usually gets better prices than online these days.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/rs4-fo...rs4-insurance-younger-driver.html#post1761638

As per the above post. I'd like to know what's classed as a less-risky job title. I'm self employed and work from home or remotely. I don't commute and only visit clients a couple of times a month. So my car is sat outside most of the time and I'm paying £1400 for my A3. I haven't had a car for the past 4 years (living abroad) but prior to that (Jul 2008) I had 4 years' NCB, which I believe can't be carried over my most recent insurance (Jul 2012)? Correct?

29 year old, no claims/accidents, no NCB (unless the above is wrong), pretty poor post code NE33 I do believe even though it's safe as houses round here.

Now then, I put my job title as marketing manager or marketing consultant (can't remember) which I assume isn't the best title. I could put anything as I run the company and do everything.

What's the best job title to lower premiums then? I'm due for renewal in May.

We don't load for occupations on our insurance scheme so no problem with us :)

Moneysavingexpert.com has a tool on it that works out what is the best title to use when quoting for insurance.

Moneysavingexpert.com has a tool on it that works out what is the best title to use when quoting for insurance.

Really? I've been using that a fair bit to check on prices but it doesn't seem to make any difference it seems. Must just be no NCB or my area that is causing absolutely cack results.