NEED INSURANCE NOW!!!

TonyMase1

Reaction score
OK so, im 18 years old and have only had my licence for 1 yeah, im 19 on 20th september, i have 3 points for driving on the phone even thou i wasnt on the phones the phones was just in my hand the police man could see i wasnt calling or texting as i showed him my call log and texts but he was one of them police men noone likes!! my car is a audi a3 its a 1.6 sport on the logbook but i converted it to 1.8 turbo AGU engine with a couple of mods! i had an insurance quote before i got the car for £1800 i was like wow ok thats fine, now i cant fine nothing under 5 grand :s its stupid my cars my pride and joy im not a stupid driver i just love a nice clean and nice sounding car!! for the sky insurance u need to be 19 and held licence for 2 years, thats not me i need help iv been on go compare ect nothing under 5 grand!!!! need help asap i need to drive!! :(:(:(:(

I take it you are declaring your mod's? I'm afraid at your age and with that motor + your driving history you may be out of luck :(

yes of course, the phone was in your hand, why was it in your hand ?

there's a reason why it is 5 grand, a little obvious no ? 200 bhp car and 18 year old goes well together

i had a peugeot 106 gti for my first car, they have no clocks i picked it up looked at the time but had to turn so i kept it in hand whilst turning and police saw it, if i was on the phone i would say i was stupid being on the phone i deserve it ect but i wasnt on it, i tryed to explain but he want having none of it, the cars only registered as a 1.6 sport my 106 was a 1.6 16 valve with mods and was only £2300 frist time insuring :s whys this so much more with a couple of mods

the problem you have got mate is the three points for apparently being on your phone you will find the 3 points for that will raise your insurance a substantial amount where as for an sp30 (speeding points) is wont rise that much. they have done alot of research with people that have points for using mobiles and there renewel was 90% of the time 4 times as much as previous quotes. also only 3 out of 10 companys would actually insure them.

anyway why worry about insuring it when you wouldnt be covered any ways. its people like you that cost us a fortune in insurance as you will be classed as an uninsured driver for driving a completely differetn car to what you are insured for.

any insurance you take out would be invalid, the logbook/car needs to corrected to show the engine change.

i had a peugeot 106 gti for my first car, they have no clocks i picked it up looked at the time but had to turn so i kept it in hand whilst turning and police saw it, if i was on the phone i would say i was stupid being on the phone i deserve it ect but i wasnt on it, i tryed to explain but he want having none of it, the cars only registered as a 1.6 sport my 106 was a 1.6 16 valve with mods and was only £2300 frist time insuring :s whys this so much more with a couple of mods

Sorry my friend but my 106 Gti had a clock. A couple of mods?? A 1.8T transplant isn't really to be sniffed at! Sorry mate, your way out of your depth unless you have very deep pockets :(

the money yove spent on doing the conversion u may aswell just buy a 1.8t, and as for the if you dont declare you converion may aswell drive uninsured only takes 1 traffic officer to pull you over then he will see straigt away 5v turbo , then run the car through and see 1.6 your screwed. no wonder my premiums are high

I think the only way is to sell or garage the car for a few years and run around in a cheap shed. You could use the audi on the track in between time. Build up driving experience and don't make a claim.
Dont risk having the vehicle seized and the points and fine!
Moral of story is research first! Sorry

the 106 didnt have a clock it was reged as a 1.4 quicksilver that was converted to, i dont see what the big deal is all i want it to be driving a fast nice car if they wont let me coz of my age then im gunna do whatever i can to insure it they wanna **** me over charging me a bomb for any insurance i quoted loads of other cars before i got the audi they are all high and before i had the points! how do i change it to a 1.8t on logbook do i call them, go online or do i do it via sending off logbook??

You need to fill out the detail change part on your V5 with the new details. The DVLA will likely demand an engineers report to ensure the conversions been done properly and safely (this will be at your expense and require the car taking somewhere suitable (not insured means trailering it to the report writers location or getting them to the car.

IF you fail to disclose the conversion and you are stopped the police do a check and see your car is not what it says. You can expect all the below;

Car will get impounded
6 points for no insurance
Your insurer will void your policy
You will pay through the nose for years to come in a way that the cost of insuring it properly originaly seem like small change

I'm afraid at your age with your experience you will NOT get insured on that car at any sort of sensible premium.

Seriously mate it's just not worth it. Especially as you live in WGC which is where I grew up and currently work. I know Herts police are getting very hot on insurance dodging (Fronting - getting a parent to insure your car and then you be a named driver). My contact in the traffic police has told me on numorous occasions that they seize several vehicle a week for this sort of thing.

Last edited:
No matter what tips or advice anyone gives you 5k is never going to come down to a realistic price. Sell up, get a corsa and buy an s3 with the money you save over the next 4 years

or add a second driver ie. mum or dad and see what happens to the policy.