Accident - Need bit of Advice.

A3-8PA

Reaction score
I had an accident few days ago.

Both parties involved going through insurance claims. Regarding my insurance, I got full comp with 4 year no claim bonus. Insurance is going to expire first week of next month.

Yet it is not confirmed who is wrong or right. It can go against me or other party in next few days.

Looking for new quotes, if it goes against me. Bit confused with the following options:

Now how many years I have to select in the "No Claims discount" field, while declaring one accident in the following field:

"Have you had any claims or accidents in the last 3 years?"

Please guide.

Cheers,

Last edited:
you may be better off ringing up and explaining
i had a claim goin through whn my insurance was due i lost the year ending and 1 year
so 2 all in all
it was found i was non fault i got a small refund when i told the new insurance
if you dont tell them they will know as they check the database

are you going to stay with the same insurance company?

bet if you give them a ring, they tell you whats what and give you a price ofr next year if you stay with them.
thats what id do first

Cheers... Let say if it comes to my fault then what do i need to select for above options for online quote???

are you going to stay with the same insurance company?

bet if you give them a ring, they tell you whats what and give you a price ofr next year if you stay with them.
thats what id do first

Totally depends if they are reasonable then i will stay if not then have to move somewhere else.. Thats why checking some online quotes and got confused with options regarding no claims bonus and accidents in last three years...

you may be better off ringing up and explaining
i had a claim goin through whn my insurance was due i lost the year ending and 1 year
so 2 all in all
it was found i was non fault i got a small refund when i told the new insurance
if you dont tell them they will know as they check the database

How many ncb u got when u had an accident???

Normally an accident or conviction pending should be declared. When they ask if you have had any accidents, it's not limited to own fault accidents.

Fair enough... Would I be back to 0 NCB after my one accident/claim in four years???

if your fault you will go back to 2 years NCB
they usaly take 1 year plus the year your in now

if your fault you will go back to 2 years NCB
they usaly take 1 year plus the year your in now

Bit of relief... When I look for online quote, do i need to fill 4 years ncb or 2 years ncb with a declaration of one accident/Claim in last 3 years....

Bit of relief... When I look for online quote, do i need to fill 4 years ncb or 2 years ncb with a declaration of one accident/Claim in last 3 years....

Ok this is getting confusing now so let me simplify things for you.

1. Do you have protected no claims? Yes or No?

2. If you do NOT have protected no claims then you will have no claims and you need to put 0 for no claims and mention the recent accident within the last few years.

3. If you DID have protected no claims then you just put 4 years no claims bonus and also mention the recent accident in the last 3 years.

4. Regardless of fault, if you have protected no claims you will not lose anything, but you need to always mention accidents, at fault or not.

5. If you are not sure about fault then you need to ring them and advise them of this, explain that this is still a pending investigation and no fault has been determined. If your lucky they may not even class this as an accident within the last 3 years, but i doubt it. They may simply add this to your policy as pending.

I was hit a few years ago, the first thing i did was ring the insurance, luckily i was rear ended and the guy admitted fault immediately. I had guarenteed no claims protection, so my No claims have been unaffected, this however still does not protect you from price increases, but i would advise anyone to protect their no claims in this day and age!

Last edited:
Thanks mate....

»»1. Do you have protected no claims? Yes or No?

No

»»2. If you do NOT have protected no claims then you will have no claims and you need to put 0 for no claims and mention the recent accident within the last few years.

Gutted...means lost 4years....

Thanks mate....

»»1. Do you have protected no claims? Yes or No?

No

»»2. If you do NOT have protected no claims then you will have no claims and you need to put 0 for no claims and mention the recent accident within the last few years.

Gutted...means lost 4years....

I'm afraid so mate, regardless of whether you make a claim on your insurance or they make a claim on your insurance you have lost your no claims bonus.

You could ring them and try to wiggle out of it, maybe by offering to stay with them if they let you keep some of your no claims, or at least trying to persuade them, always worth a try.

thay dont take all your no NCB for 1 accident
iv had 9 last year accident my fault i lost 1 year and they year i was in so went back to 8 i had a month to go on the policy so i would have had 10 year NCB
your better off calling round ant tell then whats happening
just make sure you DO tell them

My belief if that you lose 2yrs NCB when you make a claim.

yeah you do the year ur in and 1 year aswell so 2
they NEVER take all your NCB for 1 accident

Spoke to insurance company.. Yes i have lost 2 years now down to 1 year ncb as it was last month of my 3rd year ncb. Now hunting for good deals on 1year ncb + 1 claim... Dline quoted me 1200 for a 36 year driver with annual 8k miles...

Any recommendations like which company to go for????