GAP insurance

audigex

Reaction score
Hey

I've decided it's about time I got GAP insurance, before I forget about it.

Got 4 year quotes of £209 for Return to Invoice and £220 for Vehicle Replacement from ALA. Are these competitive?

Also, which is best for me? My car is an A3 Black Edition, 4 weeks old. I paid £27k, full before discount is £30k or near enough. Should I just go with their suggested maximum claim limit?

And finally, I don't know what my "full invoice amount before discount" is.

My basic car price was £21,570.83
Factory options: £2,341.67
Dealer options (extended warranty): £454.17
Delivery, PDI, de-wax: £491.06
First Registration fee: £55
Road Fund License: £115

Which of these do I include? Do I include the VAT? If so, I've got a VAT amount which is AFTER the dealer discount - should I recalculate what this would've been without the discount?

Last edited:
I used ALA for my A1 Black Edition and quoted the value on the invoice. (irrespective of rrp of vehicle). If you have return to invoice then in my opinion the evidence you will need to produce is your invoice!

ALA were the cheapest for me, whether their good enough I hope I never need to find out!!

I've gone for Vehicle Replacement under the theory that my car won't be available soon - I want a new equivalent car, not just the amount I paid otherwise I'm out of pocket.

Done some research and it looks like that's the better option for me, and I'm just using my invoice minus road fund (they say not to include it, it doesn't change the price) and went for £25k limit as it was £7 more. So 5 years, £25k limit for £325... it's £325 I might not have had to spend, but if it saves me up to £25k in 5 years time, it might just be my best investment ever.

It says it covers £250 of insurance excess - I'm assuming that's only if I have a total loss claim, not just if I have any other claims?