anyone used Audi Insurance?

wolfie138

Reaction score
as per the title, any comments about price/service etc? my renewal's up in Mar so i'll be going around the quote sites but Audi only do it by phone, judging from the mail they sent, so i want opinions to see if i'd be wasting my time!

cheers...

I used Audi insurance as a freebie for 4 weeks i think when i took delivery of mine, everything was crammed into about a week from thinking of changing my previous A3 to actually taking delivery of a new one. After this they phoned to see if i was interested long term and were only a teeny bit dearer than my current provider was at the time.

I have Audi insurance. It was £200 more than the cheapest i could find but it covers Stg1 and promises a Audi replacement if in an accident, uses only Audi OEM parts for repairs and has Audi rescue pick up etc. After my crash a few years ago and the awful repair and courtesy car i got from Admiral i realise you get what you pay for TBH.

Am i misunderstanding terms here? Audi using *OEM* parts? i take it that's "audi but w/out the audi logo on", but i find it odd Audi themselves wouldn't use Audi parts.

(going for the "most uses of the word Audi in two sentences" award there)

well i just got a quote, and they can FO!! £535!!! i ran through gocompare and got £290!!!

I don't think they are very good with older cars. My S4 is pretty expensive when I get quoted from them.

However, with the '09 A4 for the wife, there was only about £50 in it, so just went with them. Now we have just got the '12 BE, and it looks as if they will be there or there abouts again. I will get the renewal next month likely, and we will see for sure, but on newer cars I think they are pretty competitive.

Couldn't tell you about service wise, but I should think they wouldn't be too bad. Audi motors as courtesy / replacement cars, Audi parts used, Audi bodyshops etc... Will all be helping for any potential warranties further down the line.

First 7 days here, too - they were very friendly on the phone, that's about all I can say about them.

I didn't even think to ask them about how much it would cost - tbh I'm so used to insurance companies hating young drivers that I don't even bother trying to ring around the non-comparison-site companies, it just ends up as so many wasted hours on the phone as no company I've ever phoned has ever ended up offering less.

...and this year's renewal, after yet another year of driving w/ no claims etc, is over £630!!! ***!

This is a bit long winded but bear with me.
I had a company car for five years and another car on a classic policy, prior to that I had 10 years no claims but you don't keep them on a classic policy so I pretty much lost them. No other insurance company would accept them but Audi did, they honoured the no claims so I used them for the first year. Second year had a quote of around half the cost from Adrian Flux so went with them. Next year I had accrued one none fault claim (Which took eight months to sort) and A/F doubled the premium.
Got a quote from Aviva which was around the same cost as Adrian Flux but used the place my car was repaired as an authorised repairer. I figured if I did have another claim it would go there and be sorted quickly, which I did and it was. Following the bump, 10 minutes on the phone to Aviva had the car booked in and a courtesy car arranged.
I now go with Aviva, you get what you pay for and Aviva give a great service. Audi probably also do a great service, but they are notoriously expensive, even my dealer told me that when I bought the car.

21st Dec someone hit my car, despite it not going through my insurance I reported it to Aviva just to let them know and they are sorting it all out with the third parties insurance company.

Try £1400 vs "Thankyou for your interest in Audi Insurance, unfortunately we are unable to offer insurance based on the information you have provided"

**** 'em.

thing that annoys me too is i got my renewal through, and i got a mail from gocompare reminding me i'm due to i ran my numbers - and my current company was quoted there, about £5 less than the renewal quote >:-/

5 or so usually just means a slight difference in job title or something you've entered - I've noticed a difference between conveyancer (which go compare uses) and legal executive (which confused forced me to use a couple of years ago) - as such, there was a small difference between. I get similar but different by up to 100 quotes from the same company on different comparison sites.

5 or so usually just means a slight difference in job title or something you've entered - I've noticed a difference between conveyancer (which go compare uses) and legal executive (which confused forced me to use a couple of years ago) - as such, there was a small difference between. I get similar but different by up to 100 quotes from the same company on different comparison sites.

Not always - Elephant used to regularly quote me £20-£40 less online compared to my renewal letter.... with EXACTLY the same details except a couple of days difference in the date of birth and the last digit of the post code changed (they only use the first part of your post code) ... when I'd phone them up and call them on it, they'd match the lower number and blame the fact that my renewal from them was done at a bad time of the year.... even though the 2nd quote was only a week or two later....