Bizarre Insurance renewal? (not that I'm complaining)

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
So my insurance renewal is due next week for my standard Toyota Rav4, and like most people, I had the renewal come through the post, £486 was the quote!

I went online to do get insurance quotes on as most sites I could think of, including my existing insurers, and surprisingly, I could only better the quote by 8 quid through moneysupermarket, and going onto the main site of the quote, the premium jumps up when I click on legal cover which was included with my current insurer, whose online quote was 8p(yes, 8 pence) cheaper than my posted renewal. So for the first time, I've actually been quote a decent renewal price by post!

So to save the hassle, I decided to call them up and renew, and the friendly bloke went through the whole policy with me then hit a stumbling block, the missus has 2 x sp30's dated back in 2006, but since these are no longer active being over 5 years ago, he would have to requote me. I said to him, "is the premium isn't likely to go up on the removal of these out of date convictions right?", his reply was, "unfortunately, my quote was 'quoted' 2 weeks ago, and insurance is going up daily, so he could only quote based on today's rates", but assured me he could price match my written quote if he has a word with his manager. At this point, there was no mention of the quoted price since I started the phone call, a minute or two later, after all the adjustments he comes up with a quote of £428, hows that? <I smirked at my end>, "does that include legal cover" I asked, he goes "yes", we'll go for it!

So basically, I got the car insured for cheaper than any website could offer me, without having done much.

RESULT!