Sky Quote

MurdochA3

Reaction score
My insurance is due in about a month or so, heard good things about Sky so got a quick online quote. i drive a 1.6 SE A3. 53 Plate, no mods, totally standard. 8000 miles a year. 19 year old 2 no claims. this year i paid £1600. Sky wanted £2600. Now surely that cant be right? can it? Bearing in mind that this was an online quote and in the past ive saved £200-£300 by phoning. But being honest I expected it to be less than £1000 this year. Its ridiculous!

Try admiral or elephant (both part of the admiral group) I found them to be the cheapest for young drivers

Cheers bud, ill have a quick look when i get chance. To be honest, Ive had a look at some quotes earlier in the year and the majority seem to be absolutely stupid. I know a lad my age with a VXR Corsa who got insured for £900. I really dont understand were im going wrong!

Cheers bud, ill have a quick look when i get chance. To be honest, Ive had a look at some quotes earlier in the year and the majority seem to be absolutely stupid. I know a lad my age with a VXR Corsa who got insured for £900. I really dont understand were im going wrong!

I found alot of companies were quoting stupid amounts for me to get insured. My mate Dean is 21 and has b5 rs4 i think he paying just under £1000! Lol it is a **** take when your getting stupid quotes on a small engined car. Sky wouldnt even cover me on a 1.6 a3 or 2.0tfsi.
Good luck and let me know how you get on :happy:

Last edited:
Your Price: £2564.59 (Admiral)
Your Price: £2328.21 (Elephant)

Now come on, were has the £600 rise come from?

High crime rate area?

Well, my postcode is classed as Hartlepool which is the scummiest most lowlife town in the country. I live in a village outside of hartlepool so i tend to get better quotes. For instance, the Mrs got a quote on her postcode she's 21 but first time driver, it was nearly 3k. On my postcode it was £1600. So i dont think the postcode is a massive problem.

Just got a quote of Halfords, of all people, and it was £1500. I suppose thats bearable.

seems very high for a 1.6 with 2 years ncb though. you tried phoning up ?

I never bothered ringing cos im a stupid **** and my insurance doesnt run out till march not january!, your right about it being high though, ill phone up and try work some magic. I always get ridiculous quotes for some reason..

mine runs out in march too, Sky quoted me -- £3,744.82 :p

thats 20 years old, with 1 years NCB at time of insurance to be taken out, on a 1.9 diesel - no mods completely standard.

been quoted 2600 from RAC, but i guarantee i will get it cheaper than this closer to date

I know a lad my age with a VXR Corsa who got insured for £900. I really dont understand were im going wrong!

I would be inclined to bet he hasn't insured it properly and has got mum or dad to front the policy for him meaning his policy is worthless and both he and the parent are commiting insurance fraud

At 19 you are still deemed an exceptionally high risk and thanks to all these ********* who scream whiplash at the faintest hint of a collision for a quick buck making a £1000 claim a £15,000 one things are catching up as the insurers pass the cost on to us.

Admiral and Elephant (Bell Diamond, all the same group) will probably be cheapest but they are a total shower of **** to deal with and with my past experiences I wouldn't allow them to insure my toaster never mind something I take as much pride in as my cars. Try adding your mum or dad as a named driver as this often brings the premium down

I've always foudn Sky to be very competetive on their quotes for me, in fact I just renewed my policy on my A4, all mods declared for the bargain sum of £350 fully comprehensive with business use and like for like cover on modified parts :)

Last edited:
Havent been on for a while, thanks for your advice. Ive managed to get a multicar quote with admiral as my dads insurance runs out in april. It works out at £1500 to insure both cars (£1290 for mine, £210 for his) Its the best ive had so far by a long way.