Chris NottBadger5

Thread: Sky Quote

Neutral

Status

Sky Quote

My insurance is due in about a month or so, heard good things about Sky so got a quick online quote. i drive a 1.6 SE A3. 53 Plate, no mods, totally standard. 8000 miles a year. 19 year old 2 no claims. this year i paid £1600. Sky wanted £2600. Now surely that cant be right? can it? Bearing in mind that this was an online quote and in the past ive saved £200-£300 by phoning. But being honest I expected it to be less than £1000 this year. Its ridiculous!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Try admiral or elephant (both part of the admiral group) I found them to be the cheapest for young drivers
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Neutral

Status
    Cheers bud, ill have a quick look when i get chance. To be honest, Ive had a look at some quotes earlier in the year and the majority seem to be absolutely stupid. I know a lad my age with a VXR Corsa who got insured for £900. I really dont understand were im going wrong!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MurdochA3 View Post
    Cheers bud, ill have a quick look when i get chance. To be honest, Ive had a look at some quotes earlier in the year and the majority seem to be absolutely stupid. I know a lad my age with a VXR Corsa who got insured for £900. I really dont understand were im going wrong!

I found alot of companies were quoting stupid amounts for me to get insured. My mate Dean is 21 and has b5 rs4 i think he paying just under £1000! Lol it is a piss take when your getting stupid quotes on a small engined car. Sky wouldnt even cover me on a 1.6 a3 or 2.0tfsi.
    Good luck and let me know how you get on
    Last edited by Ash B; 4th December 2011 at 14:05.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Neutral

Status
    Your Price: £2564.59 (Admiral)
    Your Price: £2328.21 (Elephant)

Now come on, were has the £600 rise come from?

TM
    S-line SB

Status
    High crime rate area?
    A3 Sportback 140 TDI S-line
    Mods: Number plate LEDs, Rear Rings delete, Rear S-line Badge, Internal Audi and Rings stickers, Silvatec chrome indicators, Interior LEDs, Chrome Fog Rings.
    Future mods: Remap, MY09 Rear LEDs.

SOLD & SADLY MISSED

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TM View Post
    High crime rate area?
    Well, my postcode is classed as Hartlepool which is the scummiest most lowlife town in the country. I live in a village outside of hartlepool so i tend to get better quotes. For instance, the Mrs got a quote on her postcode she's 21 but first time driver, it was nearly 3k. On my postcode it was £1600. So i dont think the postcode is a massive problem.

Just got a quote of Halfords, of all people, and it was £1500. I suppose thats bearable.

Reverse Gear

Status
    seems very high for a 1.6 with 2 years ncb though. you tried phoning up ?

Neutral

Status
    I never bothered ringing cos im a stupid arse and my insurance doesnt run out till march not january!, your right about it being high though, ill phone up and try work some magic. I always get ridiculous quotes for some reason..
    Wanted:
    A3 8P Sline/S3 Rear Spoiler

1st Gear

Status
    mine runs out in march too, Sky quoted me -- £3,744.82 :P

thats 20 years old, with 1 years NCB at time of insurance to be taken out, on a 1.9 diesel - no mods completely standard.

been quoted 2600 from RAC, but i guarantee i will get it cheaper than this closer to date

moderately amusing

Status
    just renewed mine, i shopped around and Hastings direct was the cheapest for me!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MurdochA3 View Post
    I know a lad my age with a VXR Corsa who got insured for £900. I really dont understand were im going wrong!
    I would be inclined to bet he hasn't insured it properly and has got mum or dad to front the policy for him meaning his policy is worthless and both he and the parent are commiting insurance fraud

At 19 you are still deemed an exceptionally high risk and thanks to all these arseholes who scream whiplash at the faintest hint of a collision for a quick buck making a £1000 claim a £15,000 one things are catching up as the insurers pass the cost on to us.

Admiral and Elephant (Bell Diamond, all the same group) will probably be cheapest but they are a total shower of **** to deal with and with my past experiences I wouldn't allow them to insure my toaster never mind something I take as much pride in as my cars. Try adding your mum or dad as a named driver as this often brings the premium down

I've always foudn Sky to be very competetive on their quotes for me, in fact I just renewed my policy on my A4, all mods declared for the bargain sum of £350 fully comprehensive with business use and like for like cover on modified parts
    Last edited by Oranoco; 2nd January 2012 at 16:19.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

Neutral

Status
    Havent been on for a while, thanks for your advice. Ive managed to get a multicar quote with admiral as my dads insurance runs out in april. It works out at £1500 to insure both cars (£1290 for mine, £210 for his) Its the best ive had so far by a long way.
    Wanted:
    A3 8P Sline/S3 Rear Spoiler