Insurance premium has doubled in 12 months

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
No changes, max no claims bonus, 47 years old and the cheapest I can find a renewal quote on a 54 plate A4 TDi 130 is double what I paid last year.
I hope all you time wasting, money grabbing, "someone dented my bumper and now I've got whiplash" personal injury scroungers are happy with yourselves!

This whiplash nonsense needs to stop...Its ridiculous. My renewal went up 450 quid......

No changes, max no claims bonus, 47 years old and the cheapest I can find a renewal quote on a 54 plate A4 TDi 130 is double what I paid last year.
I hope all you time wasting, money grabbing, "someone dented my bumper and now I've got whiplash" personal injury scroungers are happy with yourselves!

i know exactly how you feel mate got the same car as you . my last renewal in april went up 47 .3 % i have 25 years no claims and no points. on paper i am the perfect risk but that made no difference to the scamming sharks that call themselves insurance companies the government realy need to step in here the insurance companies are like an organised crime ring ripping off inocent people

Snap, mine gone up from £300 to £500 - A4 Cabby 3.0V6 - 38, Full NCB clean licence.... Grrrrrr

While i understand what your saying, until you actually experience whiplash then its fair to say you don't actually know what your talking about.

I got rear ended in my Audi sitting in traffic by a car at 30mph, was it my fault? no!

The first few months i could barely walk, i couldn't sit for long and i could't sleep as the pain was intense.

A year later i still have pain in my back and i am a healthy 27 year old bloke, i always used to swim, cycle and i had never made a claim before, but most of this has now stopped.

I used to take the **** out of all these people who claim and call them blind, but after feeling the effects first hand i can tell you it is not any laughing matter.

Don't get me wrong i'm sure there are many who do make false claims, but for those with genuine claims like myself, we are also the ones who get stung, my insurance has also gone up and for something which was not my fault.

All i can say is after all the hassle, pain and possible future health problems it is not worth the couple of grand you might get!

Blame the greedy solicitors and the insurance companies are just as bad!

I spent a year in physio, solicitors letters, loss of earnings, phone calls and all because some dickhead could not drive properly.

this is what the director of the company that i work for said (i work for an insurance company) - Because of the bad winter, current economy and high number of uninsured drivers, the underwriters of certain policys get abit scared. Even though they may not have been totally impacted, the risk of things going on has gone up due to certain studies recently.. So its just a scare to the underwriters of some policys. With the sex discrimination ruling, aparently mens insurance is due to come down around 10% but well see about that in december!