Volks AutosJMB Retrofits

Status

Insurance premium has doubled in 12 months

No changes, max no claims bonus, 47 years old and the cheapest I can find a renewal quote on a 54 plate A4 TDi 130 is double what I paid last year.
    I hope all you time wasting, money grabbing, "someone dented my bumper and now I've got whiplash" personal injury scroungers are happy with yourselves!
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    This whiplash nonsense needs to stop...Its ridiculous. My renewal went up 450 quid......
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    No changes, max no claims bonus, 47 years old and the cheapest I can find a renewal quote on a 54 plate A4 TDi 130 is double what I paid last year.
    I hope all you time wasting, money grabbing, "someone dented my bumper and now I've got whiplash" personal injury scroungers are happy with yourselves!
    i know exactly how you feel mate got the same car as you . my last renewal in april went up 47 .3 % i have 25 years no claims and no points. on paper i am the perfect risk but that made no difference to the scamming sharks that call themselves insurance companies the government realy need to step in here the insurance companies are like an organised crime ring ripping off inocent people

6th Gear

Status
    The insurance game is legalised theft. Totally ridiculous.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

2nd Gear

Status
    Snap, mine gone up from £300 to £500 - A4 Cabby 3.0V6 - 38, Full NCB clean licence.... Grrrrrr
    B6 S4 4.2 V8 SILVER SALOON - BEIGE ALCANTARA - BOSE SYMPHONY - DRILLED/GROOVED FRONT DISCS

FOR SALE: £6750ono

Previous Cars
    .:R32 MKIV 3DR Pearl Black (Awesome car), Lexus RX300, Lexus LS400, Mitsubishi Shogun Sport V6, Audi TT Roadster 225, Range Rover Vogue 4.6 V8, Mazda RX8 231, Peugeot 307 CC 180, Subaru Impreza WRX 2.5, BMW520i, Lexus IS200,Golf GTi MKV, Audi A4 1.9TDi 130

6th Gear

Status
    While i understand what your saying, until you actually experience whiplash then its fair to say you don't actually know what your talking about.

I got rear ended in my Audi sitting in traffic by a car at 30mph, was it my fault? no!

The first few months i could barely walk, i couldn't sit for long and i could't sleep as the pain was intense.

A year later i still have pain in my back and i am a healthy 27 year old bloke, i always used to swim, cycle and i had never made a claim before, but most of this has now stopped.

I used to take the piss out of all these people who claim and call them blind, but after feeling the effects first hand i can tell you it is not any laughing matter.

Don't get me wrong i'm sure there are many who do make false claims, but for those with genuine claims like myself, we are also the ones who get stung, my insurance has also gone up and for something which was not my fault.

All i can say is after all the hassle, pain and possible future health problems it is not worth the couple of grand you might get!

Blame the greedy solicitors and the insurance companies are just as bad!

I spent a year in physio, solicitors letters, loss of earnings, phone calls and all because some dickhead could not drive properly.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    this is what the director of the company that i work for said (i work for an insurance company) - Because of the bad winter, current economy and high number of uninsured drivers, the underwriters of certain policys get abit scared. Even though they may not have been totally impacted, the risk of things going on has gone up due to certain studies recently.. So its just a scare to the underwriters of some policys. With the sex discrimination ruling, aparently mens insurance is due to come down around 10% but well see about that in december!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...