S3 Insurance

mk1chopper

Missing the S3
Reaction score
Right its renewal time for me and its gone up again :-( paid £548 last year with a £250 excess, best I've got so far this year is £630 with a £350 excess (aviva). Im 27 no points no accidents 7 years no claims, S3 is standard and parked on a private driveway. I've tried arian flux and they couldnt match it, my renewal from my current insurers was £960!!

Who are people using and how much are they paying.

I'm really starting to dread my renewal this month! Just waiting for the letter to drop through the door. I have a load of mods to declare and I'm worried it'll be around the £1000 mark :tapedshut:

At present I'm with Admiral paying £405 fully comp.

Admiral came a close 2nd £658 iirc, when I spoke to adrian flux I said my cheapest qutoe was with aviva, which was coming up at the 1k mark on their system, this will the 2nd year my insurance has gone up with no good reason, im getting older it should be going down!!

Admiral came a close 2nd £658 iirc, when I spoke to adrian flux I said my cheapest qutoe was with aviva, which was coming up at the 1k mark on their system, this will the 2nd year my insurance has gone up with no good reason, im getting older it should be going down!!

I've heard of people getting better quotes from Adrian Flux with mods than without them!!!

Have you tried green light, they are normally quite good.

I was thinking about doing the advanced driving course to bring down my premium.

You could also try our site sponsor SKYInsurance, and tell them you are an ASN member for a discount. They have been competitive in the past, but it depends on your postcode, they are very specific on who they will insure, but they will be straight with you if they don't want your business.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/insura...urance-audi-sport-net-insurance-discount.html

Also with standard car's, I've found online quoting sites to be quite competitive also.

Reactions: mk1chopper
You could also try our site sponsor SKYInsurance, and tell them you are an ASN member for a discount. They have been competitive in the past, but it depends on your postcode, they are very specific on who they will insure, but they will be straight with you if they don't want your business.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/insura...urance-audi-sport-net-insurance-discount.html

Also with standard car's, I've found online quoting sites to be quite competitive also.

+1 For Sky. Best deal by £100 when I renewed after an annoying fault claim.

Sky Insurance just sorted me out cheers Jo, got it down to £540 (total of £616 on monthly installments) worth a call if your up for renewal.

Make sure you check greenlight out before calling Sky Insurance, they email you a quote so you have to wait a couple of hours but they came back with a quote for £448, unfortunatly I've already taken out my policy with Sky and cancellation wont save me anything, my fault at the end of the day and Sky Insurance were the cheapest and very helpful just make sure you check all sources first and dont feel pressured to take insurance out on the spot because your told they can only hold the price for that day.

Make sure you check greenlight out before calling Sky Insurance, they email you a quote so you have to wait a couple of hours but they came back with a quote for £448, unfortunatly I've already taken out my policy with Sky and cancellation wont save me anything, my fault at the end of the day and Sky Insurance were the cheapest and very helpful just make sure you check all sources first and dont feel pressured to take insurance out on the spot because your told they can only hold the price for that day.

Why won't cancelling save you any money? Don't you have a 14 day cancellation window at no cost to yourself? Is the policy active already?

I've had the email/text from Greenlight quote in the past, and they wasn't competitive for me in the last 3 years. I was previously insured with them for 12 months 4 years ago.

I wont be charged by the insurance company but sky insurance T&C's state they can claim their commission

Cancellation

You have certain rights of cancellation in the early stages of the policy life and these are shown in the insurer’s policy document. However we are entitled to retain our commission and fees as they are deemed earned upon the inception of your instructions.

So I'd still have to pay Sky Insurance which was £70 so i wont be saving much

l was with ibuyeco, £420ish last year £520 this year. Switch to Hastings, £220ish.

I was thinking about doing the advanced driving course to bring down my premium.

I passed my IAM Advanced Driving Test a year ago. Most insurance companies don't give you a discount, but you do get access to the IAM insurance provider (Surety) who will guarantee to beat your best quote. The point I am making is that although passing the IAM Advanced Driving Test will reduce your premiums slightly, it will not do so significantly and this should not be your primary reason for taking it. I also don't think that Surety accept any modifications (my S3 is standard). Without wanting to preach or anything, it was a great experience in itself and I'd thoroughly recommend it. It really improved my observation skills and it's not about driving everywhere at 25mph either!

Just got my renewal through from Admiral. They want £479.57 for a standard S3!

I got a quote from greenlight for all the following mods and it came to £499.35:

- Front Mount Intercooler
- Silicone hoses
- Induction kit
- Revo Remap
- Audi S4 18" wheels
- Wheel adapters/spacers
- KW shocks & springs
- Adjustable rear suspension tie arms
- Oil catch can
- Boost guage
- iPhone car kit
- Uprated brake discs and brake pads
- Braided brake lines
- Short shifter
- 3" down pipe
- Brembo Calipers

Hi westy ,i got my first quote with greenlight £800 ,they have more quotes coming so hopefully it will be cheaper ,i have a s3 8p3 revo stage 2+ with 9 year ncb....

Hi westy ,i got my first quote with greenlight £800 ,they have more quotes coming so hopefully it will be cheaper ,i have a s3 8p3 revo stage 2+ with 9 year ncb....

I had to change from Greenlight to Sky this year as Greenlight wouldn't insure my gf as a named driver on my car as it is heavily modified. Sky weren't as bothered ;)

Mm got me thinking there ,is it more expensive to put another named driver on?

Thats good I pay 1000 on mine and it's only a 140
6 yrs ncd and no points

1k wow :( got 3 quotes from greenlight,they left a message to back phone tomorrow..see whats the best they can do...

I did the Advanced Driving Test several years ago and its certainly not about driving slow........exact opposite really and trying to take in and narrate all you see whilst trying to drive in a safe manner. Best thing I ever did. Back on topic.....I've just renewed my insurance through Swift Cover and it came out at £329 on the monthly plan with protected no claims with £100 excess. Have used them for 2 years now and they seem to be one of the cheapest but dont compromise on level and quality of cover. :thumbsup:

Flux quoted me £595 fully comp,protecting my ncb, but with 10 installments its was£760 ,this was declaring all mods...

Hi guys
Please don't forget to ring us for a quote when your renewal is due!