EM TuningVolks Autos

Thread: Adding a Sub?

1st Gear

Status

Adding a Sub?

Its crossed my mind to add a sub to the car, to improve the sound system a bit. But would I have to tell the insurance - ready for them to hike the premium on? Sometimes its daft, I looked at changing the wheels and putting some bigger ones on, and they wanted another Ł3000 then, purely because the car was 'modified'.

2009 '09' A3 1.6 Sport, Ibis White, Privacy Glass, Ipod Dock

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    i have a feeling that they were only doing that because they know they have you in a contract and so you'd HAVE to pay that amount. if you brought it up when you were due for renewal i doubt it'd make any difference at all.

sub wise - why? i don't really see the point unless you have BOSE and were thinking of AndyMac's sub or something. i doubt a sub on it's own with a standard system is gonna be that effective but tbh i've never had a non-BOSE car so i can't claim to be a top authority on the subject
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

1st Gear

Status
    Well Im thinking of changing the car.. and maybe moving to the darkside with a 1 Series with a bit more power. Its only a thought at the moment though, and my thoughts were to get a White M Sport 3 Door, and add some Anthracite BBS CH 19"s on to it, but when doing an insurance quote, I ticked modified - then bigger wheels, and it went up Ł3000 more than it was previously when it was standard! So, with regards to a sub, Ive not had a proper listen to the sound system in a 1 Series yet, but if its no good, I could maybe add a sub and uprate other components, but I was just wondering whether the insurance company would still want to rape me for doing this.. if that makes sense!

Thanks

2009 '09' A3 1.6 Sport, Ibis White, Privacy Glass, Ipod Dock