EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Insurance on A3 S Line 2.0 TDI 140PS

Hi guys,

I need a bit of help as I'm getting stupid prices on this and it's ridiculous!

How much are you guys paying on yours?

I'm 19 and trying with my mum with 6 yrs no claims and it's beyond 3k etc

Which insurance companies should I try that are good?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Dubstarr; 24th March 2011 at 12:37.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    First stop should be the comparison sites - compare the market etc

I also find cheapest are Adrian flux, admiral, elephant.... best just to get as many quotes as possible.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benr View Post
    First stop should be the comparison sites - compare the market etc

I also find cheapest are Adrian flux, admiral, elephant.... best just to get as many quotes as possible.
    Yeah I am but it's getting over 2500 with my mum on so I was wondering if I can get it cheaper elsewhere?

1st Gear

Status
    Insurance is ridiculous, I am 28, with 9 years no claims, 3 points and drive an A3 2.0tdi. I tried 3 comparison sites, plus called the ones that are not included. My renewal with elephant was 779 if i paid all upfront, 980 if i took the monthly option. The closest anyone got to that was 1200! Adrian Flux qouted me 1500!

3rd Gear

Status

Angry

i know exactly what you mean mate i am in the same boat only difference is i have never made a claim i have 25 years driving expierience and no points mine as just gone up 47.8 % its my postcode thats doing it . the insurers are looking at the new police postcode crime rates i live a quarter of a mile from the new bbc media city complex in salford and it is not an high crime area but everone blames my post code its a complete load of rip off cxxp . my nephew moved from m6 to m4 postcode and his insurance went down by near 400 quid

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by yendall24 View Post
    i know exactly what you mean mate i am in the same boat only difference is i have never made a claim i have 25 years driving expierience and no points mine as just gone up 47.8 % its my postcode thats doing it . the insurers are looking at the new police postcode crime rates i live a quarter of a mile from the new bbc media city complex in salford and it is not an high crime area but everone blames my post code its a complete load of rip off cxxp . my nephew moved from m6 to m4 postcode and his insurance went down by near 400 quid
    I live in manchester too mate, must be the price of being cool! haha

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Orts View Post
    I live in manchester too mate, must be the price of being cool! haha
    i dont know about being cool . but there is certainly a price to pay for living here