Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

Windscreen Replacement Cover

Hi,

If you have windscreen coverage on your insurance is it covered for all types of damage, even if cause by accident, i.e. whilst changing wiper blades and the metal arm slams back down into the windscreen creating a pretty spider web crack? Is that covered?
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I would have thought so, a cracked windscreen is a cracked windscreen isn't it? No one's going to ask how it happened?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Neutral

Status
    hi am a windscreen fitter at the bottom of your insurance policy it should say who you can use autoglass, autowindscreens give them a ring tell them your screen is cracked weather it has a top-tint, rain sensor, get them to come out pay your excess and thats it you don't lose your no claims make sure you watch them do it make sure they take the scuttle off because you can ram the glass down!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by philip.levis View Post
    hi am a windscreen fitter at the bottom of your insurance policy it should say who you can use autoglass, autowindscreens give them a ring tell them your screen is cracked weather it has a top-tint, rain sensor, get them to come out pay your excess and thats it you don't lose your no claims make sure you watch them do it make sure they take the scuttle off because you can ram the glass down!
    I had my windscreen replaced on insurance (A4 B6 Saloon at the time), went ok except for afterwards it was done I suffered really bad condensation on the inside which I had never had a problem with. I sold the car since but its always bugged me as to why.... any ideas ?
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof