Won't cover BB postcode

Johnytuono

Reaction score
Hi
Just rang Sky Insurance for a quote,..........never even got past the postcode part. Didn't realise Burnley was such a claim infested town. Lol..their loss
JohnyT

Whilst I know it's not very helpful when calling them up and not getting past the postcode part, but you guys should think of them as saving you a bit of time instead of wasting it by telling you they can't quote after 10 minutes of taking your details down.

I think your missing the point. I was complaining more about them not insuring the BB postcode. Don't you think its a bit ridiculous? The whole idea of having insurance is 'in case' something happens. At least if the quote had been high it would have been something, but to just refuse is as I said before...ridiculous. So, it seems Sky Insurance only want to insure people that arent a risk. Totally contradictory to what an insurance company is.
JohnyT

Last edited:
....just a thought...........does this mean than I've had insurance declined when other companies ask?
JT

....just a thought...........does this mean than I've had insurance declined when other companies ask?
JT
good point i never thought of that . ive got 25 years no claims ( never made a claim on any insurance in my life ) i have no points and only ever got 3 in my 25 years expired in 1996 even morethan refused to qoute me

I think your missing the point. I was complaining more about them not insuring the BB postcode. Don't you think its a bit ridiculous? The whole idea of having insurance is 'in case' something happens. At least if the quote had been high it would have been something, but to just refuse is as I said before...ridiculous. So, it seems Sky Insurance only want to insure people that arent a risk. Totally contradictory to what an insurance company is.
JohnyT

I know what the point is, but I'm pointing out that they are infact doing you a favour and not wasting your time in the first instance, unlike some other insurance companies. Would you really want a silly quote of £3k+ after spending 5-10 minutes giving your details over the phone?

I can assure you that they can give you a quote, but because they know they are not competitive for certain postcodes, they will generally just tell you they can't insure you, why waste yours and their time right?

JT

No mate, you was not declined or refused insurance, you just never got a quote... simples.

I have no affiliation with skyinsurance, nor do I deal with car insurance, but I do the same thing as you and shop around for the best deal. For standard cars, use online quoting sites first like GoCompare or moneysupermarket sites, for modified cars, you have to make a shed load of calls for the best deals.

And just to add, I like your initials for your name 'JT', exactly the same as me. :)

JT

JohnyT

Hi Johny,

first of all, thanks for trying us and apologies we couldn't help.

We can insure in the BB postcode area but we are not competitive in the area, hence why we have not gone through a quotation and wasted your time only to give you a ridiculous price.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Hi Johny,

first of all, thanks for trying us and apologies we couldn't help.

We can insure in the BB postcode area but we are not competitive in the area, hence why we have not gone through a quotation and wasted your time only to give you a ridiculous price.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Hi Ollie
Thank you for the reply. Giving a reason why is a lot better than just saying "we don't insure the BB postcode"
Now.wheres the best place to move to lol
JT

Last edited: