Insurance renewal!!!!!!!!

audi_a3_turbo

Reaction score
Couldnt believe my insurance renewal this year!!! I was with Kwik Fit insurance last year as they were the cheapest for me. I am 24 with 2 years NCB, own an audi a3 1.8T (AGU) on fully comprehensive insurance costing £600 per year. This years renewal price was £1200!!!!! I hadnt claimed at all last year and earnt another years NCB so why has my insurance doubled in price!!!!! I phoned them and asked if there had been an error but I was told "insurance premiums increase every year" I could understand this if it was only going to effect me by a few pounds but to double in price is a p*ss take!!!!! :mad:

Try compare the market .com, I had Kwik fit they seem to think people would stay for a further year ,Yer right .mines now an acceptable price with liverpool victoria ;-)

Yeah I had a look around and have found another quote for about the same as I was paying last year which Im not too fussed about, although as my insurance renewal letter didnt get to me until a week into my new policy and its been over 14 days I will have to pay a cancelation fee!!! Im just angry that they can double my insurance as think I'm going to go along with it!!!

Yeah I had a look around and have found another quote for about the same as I was paying last year which Im not too fussed about, although as my insurance renewal letter didnt get to me until a week into my new policy and its been over 14 days I will have to pay a cancelation fee!!! Im just angry that they can double my insurance as think I'm going to go along with it!!!

Sorry to say, but you should keep tabs on your car insurance schedule to avoid this type of thing happening. As for the renewal letter coming in a week into your new policy, I would argue that and get the full amount back! Poor form from your insurance there.

Apart from one year, there's never been a year where the insurance renewal from the current insurer has been the best quote! Always shop around, I saved £100 in 5 minutes just searching for quotes online, this is best for standard cars, for modified cars, you need spend 30-60minutes calling companies up to declare all your mods.

my renewal this year was the exact same price i paid last year £580.00 with aviva.

I cancelled the renewal and got a quote as a new customer, my insurance this year cost me £480 with Aviva.

So this year i have saved over £100.00 on mine with aviva.

Admiral, tesco, bell, elephant all wanted £700.... f**k o**

try direct line, they are doing 12 months for the price of 10. that only work for the 1st years insurance though, so next year they will be charging for 12 months, so you will have to shop around next year.

they were quite good for me

my renewal this year was the exact same price i paid last year £580.00 with aviva.

I cancelled the renewal and got a quote as a new customer, my insurance this year cost me £480 with Aviva.

Thats what really annoys the hell out of me, how can a new client get better prices than a loyal one with no claims in 5 years, insane.

Thats what really annoys the hell out of me, how can a new client get better prices than a loyal one with no claims in 5 years, insane.

I know mate, i have this argument over the phone every year then i tell them to stuff it, cancel my renewal and just open a new policy.

Sometimes they will match this price and adjust your renewal,but as i found with aviva the other day half the details on my policy were wrong because when i rang to change them they couldnt understand me.

So when the paperwork came through, i rang them and told them they had not changed what i told them to change and all i got was...

"Sir to make these changes you need to pay an £18.00 admin fee" , wtf?

These are errors which your silly customer services made n the first place, so i politly told them to stick it, cancelled the renewal and setup a new one with the correct details, £100 cheaper and without any hassle.

W****s

I concur, even the easiest ocmpany to deal with swiftcover take the ****, quoted me £40-50 more this year & I had only 1 screen claim (which doesnt affect your cover), in 5 years, to say it annoyed me is the understatement of the known universe, cause they did same last year, after an hour on the phone they dropped it down again to previous years amount saving me very little, but this year they wouldnt budge.

I concur, even the easiest ocmpany to deal with swiftcover take the ****, quoted me £40-50 more this year & I had only 1 screen claim (which doesnt affect your cover), in 5 years, to say it annoyed me is the understatement of the known universe, cause they did same last year, after an hour on the phone they dropped it down again to previous years amount saving me very little, but this year they wouldnt budge.

Its all one big con, all this rubbish about putting up premiums because of people claiming.

These companies have been making millions/billions in profit every year, its about time they had to start forking some of it out as far as i am concerned.

Do these companies think that people arent going to claim and they can sit there taking money, it's part and parcel of owning a f****g insurance company.

The same can be said for this rubbish about fuel prices, all the government has to do is knock abit of tax off the price of fuel and everyone will be happy but they simply blame the oil companies, its about time we stopped exporting north sea oil and started using it for ourselves.

Rant over!:tapedshut:

Direct Line are a bunch of cxxts imho, wont quantify that as would take ages, but think I'm not alone with that POV, will never ever use them again.

Try Adrian Flux. I have found them very competitive for motor and household over the last 2 years and I have just renewed with them again for the next 12 months. The premium was up on the previous year but was better than I could find elsewhere. Customer service alright as well.

Its mentally draining getting quotes ,These companies know this,So lots of them retain custom just because lots of people cant be ***** to shop around .If Direct line works for you then splendid, But for me at 41 and a bit they are reddiculously priced ;-)

try the post office, i joined them a few years ago as i had 3 policies with them, 2cars and a bike, they were doing a £50 cash back promo on each policy

Feel free to give my company a try, tel: 0208 3645500

Thanks

hi all just got my renewal quote through from first direct . ive got 25 years no claims and no points its just risen by 47.8% i kid you not its gone from 500 to 739 . they blame the claims culture then sell law firms lists of accident victims names and address's so they can contact them to see if a claim can be made the whole industry is imoral run by sharp suites and porche drivers called henry . i think the government should run an insurance company and take the monopoly away from these highway men