GAP Insurance

Diamond

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm due to pick up my new car in the new year and have been offered Gap insurance by the dealer. Just wondering what are your views on it and any good companies to go for.

Cheers!

Worth investing in GAP insurance on a new car of high value, just buy it online as opposed to getting it from the dealer, as they hike it up by a few hundred quid from what I have read in the past.

Worth investing in GAP insurance on a new car of high value, just buy it online as opposed to getting it from the dealer, as they hike it up by a few hundred quid from what I have read in the past.

ditto this

As has been said, buy online. Dealers will at least double the price for GAP insurance.

Use common sense, look at how long the company has been established and who the underwriters are. Check reviews of company.

If you're planning on keeping the car, do the 4 year GAP, as thats the year when it will be most worthwhile having. Also consider the retained value of your car. If your car holds its value well, theres no point in paying for cover you dont need. eg 20k car new still being worth 10k in year 4, theres no point in having 20k GAP cover, you just need 10k.

Agree with the above ^.

Seen GAP online for £150 and it is definitely worth it after some **** writ me off in my old CTR.