No claims discount

will89

Reaction score
I am currently with bell insurance and took out the 10-month policy which is up for renewal in march. Now i know that bell will take the 10 months as a full year no claims however will sky insurance and are other companies likely to accept the 10 months and give me a years no claims?

Thanks.

once you have completed your policy with Bell you can ask them to send you a "Proof of no claims bonus" which will show 1 years no claims on it. when you go to your next company you tell them you have 1 years no claims and they will ask you to send a copy of the letter as proof, you fax or send them the proof letter.

its still 1 years no claims just that Bell award you it after 10 months, i was the same with elephant :)

hope that helps, it will be fine :)

I am currently with bell insurance and took out the 10-month policy which is up for renewal in march. Now i know that bell will take the 10 months as a full year no claims however will sky insurance and are other companies likely to accept the 10 months and give me a years no claims?

Thanks.

In a word mate.........NO

Bell is the part of admiral group, bell, elephant and admiral have you tried those 3?

Aviva are really good too, you get 2 months free and they cover non insured drivers.

You could always ask sky and see what they say, always worth a try mate, but speaking from experience most companies i tried would not accept a years no claims as 10 months

once you have completed your policy with Bell you can ask them to send you a "Proof of no claims bonus" which will show 1 years no claims on it. when you go to your next company you tell them you have 1 years no claims and they will ask you to send a copy of the letter as proof, you fax or send them the proof letter.

its still 1 years no claims just that Bell award you it after 10 months, i was the same with elephant :)

hope that helps, it will be fine :)

Thanks for the quick reply! Glad to hear it as i have read that some companies don't like it but i guess if the letter states one years no claims bonus then there isn't much they can do. Did the letter you received to send on have the dates of the policy for when it started/finished?

Thanks.

In a word mate.........NO

Bell is the part of admiral group, bell, elephant and admiral have you tried those 3?

Aviva are really good too, you get 2 months free and they cover non insured drivers.

You could always ask sky and see what they say, always worth a try mate, but speaking from experience most companies i tried would not accept a years no claims as 10 months

thats just not true, i was with elephant for years and had about 4 - 10 month policies that gained me 4 years no claims, every year i gained a full 1 years no claims bonus.

the whole point in the offer/system is it only takes 10 months to acquire a full years no claims.

Thanks for the quick reply! Glad to hear it as i have read that some companies don't like it but i guess if the letter states one years no claims bonus then there isn't much they can do. Did the letter you received to send on have the dates of the policy for when it started/finished?

Thanks.

dont think so, pretty sure it just showed the amount of years no claims bonus proof.

to further emphasise my point as above, we are currently with admiral and away to enter a multi-car policy. now my policy is 4 months behind my mrs, so Admiral are putting me on a 4 month policy and honouring me with a full 1 more years no claims during that time. so i pay for 4 months and then get one more year added!

if you have a letter with an amount of no claims then other insurance companies will go by that.

sduk, When you left elephant the first time, which company did you move to? was is another one of the admiral group as i know that bell/admiral/elephant are all the same company.

i cant remember mate, been with a few companies, tend to just go with the cheapest on my renewal date. it could have been Adrian Flux insurance.

i cant remember mate, been with a few companies, tend to just go with the cheapest on my renewal date. it could have been Adrian Flux insurance.

Ok just wondering if it was one of the admiral group thats all, glad to hear its not!

Thanks.

We can usually work with the 10 month policies NCB proof but it is at the discretion of the policy underwriter.

We can usually work with the 10 month policies NCB proof but it is at the discretion of the policy underwriter.

Exactly, as i have previously said.

SDUK you obviously got lucky with your next insurer accepting your 10 month bonus accellerater as a full years no claims, because most insurers wont.

I was also with elephant for around 4 years, but i had to stay with other insurers for an extra 2 months before i could say i had an extra years no claims.

Im not saying insurers wont insure you im simply say MOST wont!:banghead:

Just my 2p but I can vouch for the no claims after 10months being fine and approved by all insurers. You will recieve you no claims in exactly the same way as before with a 12month one. Basically shows from your currrent insurer that you have 1 years no claims. Anyone telling you it doesnt is telling you a lod or porkies!