poll: Mozilla vs internet explorer

I

imported_Yaseen

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1100194814Yaseen">

Which browser do you prefer

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Firefox
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />internet explorer
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

After all the current media coverage thought id give Firefox it a go again, has improved a lot and good features but finding it not as fast as internet explorer (tested with the page bbc.co.uk/football), wondered what people on here preffered.

With the cutting edge web technologies (svg anyone?) I use for work and the better JS support, I find IE the only one that works good enough. The others are either too slow or incomplete. I hate MS, but I have to put up with IE.

IE is out the window! Dont use it anymore unless i ABSOLUTELY have to... Firefox all the way! I have a IE pluginn for firefox which, if yo find a page you cant display correctly in firefox, then you right click and 'open in IE'... Very useful.

Also, IE is a NIGHTMARE for adware and self installing SH*TE! Firefox, ive never had a single problem with. Months of hastle free surfing.

Rich

Well as much as I hate MS and IE, I do have to point out that you can fiddle around with IE's options and you don't have to worry about adware and popups. I run zone alarm pro and norton antivirus and have never had any problem. You just need to be sensible. However, Firefox crashes often when anything complicated (lots of JS, beta stuff like SVG) happens, that [censored] me off.

Have you tried it since its the full version? Its been properly released on Tuesday this week...

Rich

Firefox all the way! I changed to Firefox a couple of months ago, &amp; now I hardly ever get any Spyware. IE used to let shedloads through.

I explore all avenues in software and I still think as much as dominante M$ are and how much [censored] they take on RRP of goods IE is still the best, most refined and most of all extensivly tested.

But each to there own!

I am a great Linux fan though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif