Volks AutosEM Tuning
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4...

5th Gear

Status
    Mines just arrived at my house. Ordered Saturday and here today. V good service!

G

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Bumped into a mate who has one, so played with it for 10 minutes or so. I have to admit, it's a very nice phone, makes the 3GS look old skool, screen is very sharp and touchcreen is very accurate.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Chugger

Status
    iv been trying very hard to get one of these, but id have to pay a early termination fee on my contract, as im 14 months through a 24 month contract! Probably going to have to reduce my tariff then cancel in a month or so, unless anyone knows of any ways around it? At least by then the iphone4 stock with be flowing better
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    See what you're phone is worth and use their buy back system (Voda offered me 229 for my 3GS). Then buy the phone. Saves money buying out the contract.

5th Gear

Status
    Just to reiterate the point, it's very rare out of the 1.7million+ iPhone 4's been sold already that yours will have this fault or the screen fault. (The screen fault just rectifies itself anyway just needs to dry, again haven't heard of anyone with this apart from on the media.) I haven't met one UK owner or heard of any with the signal problems apart from reading about it on the BBC - not saying it's not true just that it's rare. It has effected a few yes but it seems to be a rare instance and with Apple's so far fantastic customer service I'm sure they'd swap you with another in the apple store if you did get a bad egg. 5 peoples I know are absolutely fine to, get one it's an amazing phone lol!

5th Gear

Status
    Oh and before anyone asks I don't work for apple by the way, it's just doing my head in a bit people first thing they ask about my phone is does it work! Am sure Microsoft are behind this somehow lol

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fran-s3 View Post
    Just to reiterate the point, it's very rare out of the 1.7million+ iPhone 4's been sold already that yours will have this fault or the screen fault. (The screen fault just rectifies itself anyway just needs to dry, again haven't heard of anyone with this apart from on the media.) I haven't met one UK owner or heard of any with the signal problems apart from reading about it on the BBC - not saying it's not true just that it's rare. It has effected a few yes but it seems to be a rare instance and with Apple's so far fantastic customer service I'm sure they'd swap you with another in the apple store if you did get a bad egg. 5 peoples I know are absolutely fine to, get one it's an amazing phone lol!
    There is a poll on Cliosport. So far 45 members with the reception fault. They have a massive following on there for Apple products and even have a sub-forum for it in Technology. Very useful, albeit a litttttllllle bit geeky.

5th Gear

Status
    Well I am very surprised to hear 45 members with the fault on the clio forum!

Status
    Too many left handers, Fran

S3 Drift King!

Status
    One for the iPhone4 lovers(needs sound and language warning!)

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

6th Gear

Status
    I've got mine too, excellent phone, only problem I have is not with the phone but the contract, O2 are doing away with unlimited internet as of October so any body changing contracts will only get 500mb unless you add bolt ons which obviously raises the price a month.

It's ok if all you do is brouse the odd web page but if you watch a lot of tv or sky sports etc it's going to cripple your allowance...
    revo'd

Chugger

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    One for the iPhone4 lovers(needs sound and language warning!)
    lol, the typical iphone customer im sure

Reverse Gear

Status
    I love mine! Just waiting for the JailBreak for it!

5th Gear

Status
    Yea mines great. Love the HD video, recorded my sofa I bought from DFS while we were in store, just to remember what I'd bought lol!

It's loads faster while browsing the web than my 3G was, screen is awesome.

G

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swagerr View Post
    The slate iPhone 4 is a smartphone designed and developed by Apple. It the fourth generation iPhone and iPhone 3Gs follower. It is primarily directed at the user's fingertips, is a multi-touch display, which is sensitive at hand.
    Why would anyone bother to join a forum just to post this message? Or, if automated...why would anybody program a bot to automatically sign up and write this crap? ha!

Chugger

Status
    stupid.

I recieved my iphone 4 a couple days ago, very impressed. My first iphone so im still searching through for apps

Loving the anonymity

Status
    There are some great apps out there. I have the 3GS and have it jailbroken, so any app is a free app (apparently, but of course wouldn't condone this). I have bought the apps I like though.

Tapatalk is always handy if you like checking the forum often, as it makes it that little easier, and quicker. It costs though, but not a lot. Sickipedia is awesome too, and it's free (it's dedicated to completely inappropriate jokes)

1st Gear

Status
    htc desire, what more can I say.
    Audi A4 1.9TDI Quattro Sport in Black - Turbo Dynamics Re-Worked Std Turbo, De-CAT, EGR mod, Remap, RS4 RARB, Koni FSD's and 320m DTM brakes up front.
    Factory fit - HID's (Osram CBI 5k bulbs), Bose, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by QuottroA4 View Post
    htc desire, what more can I say.
    Trying to be an iPhone HTC you mean?

G

Status

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JD09 View Post
    lol

5th Gear

Status
    LOL :P

1st Gear

Status
    Had mine since release day :P
    Audi RS4 B7 Saloon in Mugello Blue

2nd Gear
    Hexxagon Champion

Status
    Me too got to love 3 day battery life they really have made some substantial improvements, 720p recording is going to be great on the nurburgring.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezey View Post
    Me too got to love 3 day battery life they really have made some substantial improvements, 720p recording is going to be great on the nurburgring.
    Hmm.... Thats almost a reason/excuse to go lol.
    Audi RS4 B7 Saloon in Mugello Blue

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I need to get one, fed up of my WHACKberry

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Im having battery problems with mine, it goes down so quicly!!!! Its been since the end of october! Had nothing but problems! Ive been on some forum and loads of people have this problem too. Gonna take it to the apple store 2moro and i'll see what they say.. keep you guys posted!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Apparently battery life is a major issue on all smart phones, obviously due to the amount of cr4p on them.

I have the HTC Desire and im charging it everyday, and if im lucky it will last 2 days.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

My friend who had Berry 9700 then went to the iPhone 4 said its about the same, obviously it depends how much your using it etc, all apps blah blah

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    I need to get one, fed up of my WHACKberry
    I've had mine for just over a week now, I love it!

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    I've had mine for just over a week now, I love it!
    Ordered my iPhone 4 today, will be here weds, then my Bold is going off to Mazuma, 145 thankyou very much sir

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Ordered my iPhone 4 today, will be here weds, then my Bold is going off to Mazuma, 145 thankyou very much sir
    Got mine a month ago and am loving it! Battery is far better than the 3G and 3GS I used to have. It's the screen that still amazes me though.

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status

Mazuma is such a good way of getting money back to put towards your new purchase, unfortunately my old phone was a Nokia 6300 (Old school) so hardly worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Got mine a month ago and am loving it! Battery is far better than the 3G and 3GS I used to have. It's the screen that still amazes me though.
    How long is your battery lasting, I'm having to charge mine every day and a half?

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

Loving the anonymity

Status
    I can get two days i'd say with avg usage. My 3G barely lasted a day though, and the 3GS wasn't much better.

To be fair though, as long as my phone easily gets through a day I am happy enough. With all the fun stuff it does it's never going to last as long as the old school phones.

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    I can get two days i'd say with avg usage. My 3G barely lasted a day though, and the 3GS wasn't much better.

To be fair though, as long as my phone easily gets through a day I am happy enough. With all the fun stuff it does it's never going to last as long as the old school phones.
    That's ok then, as long as it's the norm as I wasn't 100% sure!

Used to get about 5 days out of my Nokia, I always knew I wouldn't get that out of it obviously, like you said there's too many App's to use and abuse to run the battery down!

Follow me on Twitter

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Wicked, it'll be here in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    Mazuma is such a good way of getting money back to put towards your new purchase, unfortunately my old phone was a Nokia 6300 (Old school) so hardly worth it!

Status
    Tis the way forward Nate

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Thanks brother, can't wait now

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Went to apple and they said yes it has been a problem for some. If you click the home button twice it comes up with the apps running. Touch and hold on an app and it'll come with the option to close the app which will save battery. Stupid thing to do really. Im testing the batt life and from a full charge since 1ish its down to 50% now which aint bad but it aint good either. I swear it used to last me 3 days!!!!! And suddenly it just stopped lasting me a while. Apparently if you charge it through your pc/laptop it lasts longer than from the wall!! Weird things these smartphones, but it is a darn good phone! Got mine for free from insurance! 32gb aswel! :D

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    oh and nate make sure you download whatsapp. Its like bbm but for iphones and bb's providing they have it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast