Unblocking Iphone 3gs

chris_marshall

MTM S3, Aprilia RSV Mille
Reaction score
Evening all, will be aquiring a brand new iphone 3gs tomorrow, managed to get it fairly cheap, only problem being its on O2 and im on vodafone.

As its brand new its likely to have the 3.1.3 software on, how do I go about unlocking it?

Many thanks
Chris :greyrs4:

Well, the ones that can be jailbroken are the 3.1.2's. The 3.1.3's are not yet able to be jailbroken (unlocked) but that was as of a couple of months ago. I know that the geeks are working on a hack but I'll call my geek-guru who will surely know the answer. Otherwise you should have bought a 3.1.2. A jailbroken iPhone is an awesome bit of kit - me and the Mrs have them on 3.1.2.

I'll get back to you later

LATER - follow this link and yes, 3.1.3 is jailbrakable
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...ved=0CB0QvwUoAQ&q=Jailbreak+3.1.3+3GS&spell=1

Last edited:
Well, the ones that can be jailbroken are the 3.1.2's. The 3.1.3's are not yet able to be jailbroken (unlocked) but that was as of a couple of months ago. I know that the geeks are working on a hack but I'll call my geek-guru who will surely know the answer. Otherwise you should have bought a 3.1.2. A jailbroken iPhone is an awesome bit of kit - me and the Mrs have them on 3.1.2.

I'll get back to you later

LATER - follow this link and yes, 3.1.3 is jailbrakable
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...ved=0CB0QvwUoAQ&q=Jailbreak+3.1.3+3GS&spell=1

313 is JB possible & unlockable, it has been for ages now as I've done mine for all of the requested using Snowbreeze, Fuzzyband & Ultrasnow, google for further info as I'm not gonna describe it on here & this was an 02 handset aswell.

Best way is to get it properly unlocked by o2. I had problems with mine recently, and in the end I gave mine to a mate who put his o2 contract sim in it, and requested it to be unlocked. As far as we can see it was free, as they haven't charged him yet. He's an o2 customer, but not an iPhone customer.

If you get it properly unlocked you won't have to worry about losing the soft-unlock which may be a result of an accidental upgrade...ahem cough cough...I wouldn't know anyone silly enough to do that :whistle2:

Failing that...sell it for a bit of money and get the new iPhone 4 just announced. It does look rather fit!