Monster MotorsportBadger5

Thread: LCD TV's

S3 Drift King!

Status

LCD TV\'s

Hey guys

Where's the best place to look for an LCD TV price wise?, not too bothered about brand, I'm only after a small one for my bedroom, something like a 17" and preferably in widescreen too.

Joe

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_AudiAuto

Re: LCD TV\'s

Lol, go to Currys/Comet, when i worked there they had cheap brands for around 300 for a 17".

S3 Drift King!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:
    Lol, go to Currys/Comet, when i worked there they had cheap brands for around 300 for a 17".

[/ QUOTE ]

But are they widescreen? I was looking for bargains on the web [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

Pimps right goto somewhere like Currys and then have a look at them see which one you like etc and then go find it on the net.
    I was in there the other day and they had a 17" widescreen one with a VGA input aswell for I think 350. Not a bad price I don't think.

aka dazzler

Status

I've just (last weekend) bought one myself for the bedroom.

Philips 17" widescreen with virtual dolby surround. Model number 17PF9945. Cost me 599 from Comet.

Took some finding though. I think the replacement model is beginning to hit the streets, so supplies are short. There were less than half a dozen left in all of the Comet stores in my area.

Have a look at www.avforums.com for reviews/opinions. The Philips got decent reviews so I went for it. Then hit uk.pricerunner.com to find prices for it.

1st Gear

Status

Check out www.kelkoo.co.uk

S3 Drift King!

Status

I have found the 17" widescreen Goodman's GTV17W at 350 quid at my local Richer Sounds store, does this sound like a good deal? Meanwhile, I'm off to Comet for a butchers then. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

imported_fingermouse

im also after a 17" lcd for the bedroom I will get one (ive been say that for a year since my tv went pop) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

aka dazzler

Status

There's a review of the Goodmans on the home cinema choice website

Clicky link

Has got a price of 800 on it - but that was April...

The review verdict is 'Stunning pictures let down by awful audio'.

imported_AudiAuto

Anything around 350 is good for a 17" widescreen. I would rather pay maybe 50 more and buy from currys rather then on the web, becuase if it goes wrong its a lot easier to sort out.

Grumpy Old Man

Status

Richer Sounds?

S3 Drift King!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    jdp1962 said:
    Richer Sounds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look here ---> http://www.richersounds.co.uk Some pretty good deals at this place, would rather go to a shop and buy that going through the web for this type of product anyways

Went to my local Comet and Curry's today, looks like 15" is the only size available within my budget of 400 or less in these stores. Pretty much going for the Goodman's TV that I mentioned earlier, they are sold out everywhere, but new stock is arriving on wednesday [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif[/img], thank for the review linky Dazzler. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

imported_AudiAuto

They normally won't price match a superstore against a internet store. Standard price promise rules, i'm afraid. Comet won't even price match their OWN internet website, which sometimes has better deals. I know your talking about Barclaycard, but as i said the price promise rules are the same everywhere. No one will match a internet price with a normal high street store.

aka dazzler

Status

Don't know if they've changed the rules then, but this is taken from "Section 7 - How to claim" on the Barclaycard website

QUOTE:
    To claim you must telephone the Barclaycard Price Promise Unit on 0845 300 1037. For the claim to be valid the unit must be informed within 60 days of the date of the original purchase.

You must supply:
    <ul type="square"> [*]proof of purchase/card usage in respect of the original goods[*]authentic proof of existence of the same goods (identical make and model) available at the lower price.[/list] Authentic proof will be in the form of:
    <ul type="square">[*] a quotation or offer leaflet or[*] a letter headed receipt dated after the original goods had been purchased and containing product details, price, the date on which the goods were available and the retailer's signature and approved stamp.[*] an Internet Page (URL) that includes both the page address and the date it was displayed and a copy of the checkout page which should include the costs charged for postage and packaging etc. If you require clarification please speak to the Barclaycard Price Promise Unit on 0845 300 1037. [/list]END QUOTE

So, I reckon getting a shot of the ebuyer basket/checkout screen should cover it nicely...

imported_AudiAuto

Dazzler, worth trying mate, i'll be suprised if it works simply becuase all the retail outlets i worked in don't match internet prices, i'm suprised barclaycard does. But as i said worth trying.

imported_fingermouse

so what u got then ???? sounds goodd 17" for 350 of our english pounds [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]

S3 Drift King!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    fingermouse said:
    so what u got then ???? sounds goodd 17" for 350 of our english pounds [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went for the Goodman's GTV17W, from the local Richer Sounds shop as mentioned in one of my earlier posts above. Prices are contantly changing everyday, and they shift stock pretty quickly, due to the speed of which technology advances these days. Prices on their website and in store are sometimes different, so do your research.

imported_AudiAuto

Souns ok for the price