E-commerce software

Staz

is a retronaut
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've done a little bit of HTML in the past and I know a bit about websites but I'm trying to add a shopping page to my dad's website and I need a little help please.

I googled 'e-commerce software' and I get hundreds of sites offering all-singing-all-dancing packages but all I'm after really is a VERY basic page which has 4 or 5 items to choose from, links to a page for each including an 'add to basket' button, a shopping basket and the link to pay for the items through Paypal (only) so it needs to be able to send the basket contents to the Paypal invoice too. Where do I start?!

Any help is appreciated as always guys.

Funny as I was looking at a product & this popped up when I went to check purchasing the item, one of many out there mate:

http://www.romancart.com/

Of course research them very well for safety factors mate as dont want any fraud huh.

I'll have a butchers, cheers.

My other option is to use one of the recommended ones from Paypal but there are lots to choose from and would probably be very expensive for what we need it for.

It's over £400 though mate. We'll literally be selling 4 things!

Yeah depends if the items being sold are proprietory or are competitive when comes to using paypal, if the 1st then charges would kinda be irrelevant given you can build costs into item cost, but latter has a competing field for pricewise huh.

Personally paypal is damn convenient, but ebay & paypal overall are greedy bar stewards & it just gets to be a spirally out of control system interms of costs mate, so anything to not use them or minimise your costs would be good.

Good luck as there's many systems out there to use which would help you with this.