Looking for cheap phoneline broadband.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Any recommendations from you guys?

I'm looking for the cheapest phoneline Broadband connection at my place of work with unlimited bandwidth. I'm currently using a businesstelephone line, but it's linked to 'the flat above', so a normal broadband connection should be ok, and unfortunately, I don't have access to cable, as that would have been my preferred choice.
I've had a butcher's at money saving expert also, but some of the packages are not available to me, or I don't need additional TV services or anything.

I'm just after stand alone internet for cheap, and if possible, free connection also.

Cheers.

Hey Jojo

My business can offer an 8MB connection for £19.99/month? There is a 1 off setup fee of £50 however

If you needed more speed and a static IP address for something, we can offer a 24MB connection with 1 static IP address for £38/month, again with the £50 setup fee

We use a company called Cerberus, special trade prices ;)

Best bet for real cheap stuff at the moment is TalkTalk i think

O2 is the best cheap broadband you will get. If you have an o2 contract then all the better.

O2 FTW. Best value low priced broadband out there.

O2 20mb unlimited £10pm with o2 phone. 24 hour tech support if needed.

It's ok guys, I had Virgin Media do an install yesterday, so I got 10meg uncapped... took me ages to persuade them to install due to the distance from the cable box to the actual flat I needed it in, but got it in the end.

How far was it? When you said cable wasn't an option, I assumed you meant that cable wasn't an option. As far as I know, it isn't an option for me, but if that means I can get it, I'll have it!

How far was it? When you said cable wasn't an option, I assumed you meant that cable wasn't an option. As far as I know, it isn't an option for me, but if that means I can get it, I'll have it!

I don't mean far as in far from the exchange, the road was dug up years ago with cable put along it, and my shop front is set inwards, so there was approx 8M of tarmac between the cable access and my shop which proved a problem for installation about 3 years ago. But the surveyor finally gave it the thumbs up after I enquired last month, they cut out a channel in the tarmac and fed the cable along it and refilled... best of all was free installation! It was a 3 man job in 3 hours.

I don't mind paying a bit more for cable, as it's just so much faster than any landline net connection that I've experienced. And one of my staff is going 50:50 with me so even better.