Ipod Classic or Ipod Nano

JohnboyC

Reaction score
OK..which one do I go for ?
The 160GB Ipod Classic or the latest Ipod Nano with pedometer etc in it....

Advice please :)

It depends on what you want to use it for. I always think of a Nano as for those who want to keep a 'selection' of their music on a portable player for use in the gym etc, and they are happy to chop and change tracks on it as required.

The classic is obviously bigger and more for those who like to have their complete music collection available at all times, whether it's in the car of home etc.

I have a Classic (Video 30GB as it was then) and its brilliant :thumbsup:

It depends on what you want to use it for. I always think of a Nano as for those who want to keep a 'selection' of their music on a portable player for use in the gym etc, and they are happy to chop and change tracks on it as required.

The classic is obviously bigger and more for those who like to have their complete music collection available at all times, whether it's in the car of home etc.

I have a Classic (Video 30GB as it was then) and its brilliant :thumbsup:

What that man says is the truth! I have both, and an iPod touch...i'm ashamed. But, the classic is great as you just keep piling songs on it, and never have to worry about taking any off. The Nano however is great as you can store enough songs, but need to keep shuffling them. I use my Nano for running (it's an older one) and it's perfect for that. Don't use the classic for running, it may work but will wear faster and eventually die a cruel death.

So, it seems it's a choice based on your usage. Another option is to get both, get a cheap 2nd hand older nano, attach the Nike+ thing sepeartely, and away you go?! Just don't go running after christmas cake, i went last year and...:puke2:

I would say it all comes down to size at the end of the day, yeah ok oooh uuuuhh lol, size of unit & the use of it, obviously for fitness then nano, for casual then classic as stores untold numbers, simple tbh.

If you go for the Nano get the older squarer one. I loved mine but it was robbed out my old car when it went for a service, (some place in Humpage rd, can't remember the name)
It got replaced with the new style nano and i hate it, its too thin and clumsy to hold, I just can't get on with it, my wife uses it now.
I have an iPhone so I use that, but to be honest, all I ever listen to on it is talk radio.

OK..which one do I go for ?
The 160GB Ipod Classic or the latest Ipod Nano with pedometer etc in it....

Advice please :)

How much are you looking to spend john?

I know their abit more expensive but you cannot beat an ipod touch!

i have a 16gb nano and find it great, i have several films and thousands of songs and still have plenty of space, also its light and compact. my mate has a classic but i think it is to large for the gym, running etc