IDE to Network interface

there are quite a few external hard drives with network ports - these are basically a network box with a hard drive. they also come with usb ports that allow you to plug in other external usb hard drives / flash drives etc.

ive never seen just the case/interface though

eg buffalo link station - stand alone hard drive network enabled, built in printer driver and 2x usb ports for additonal usb drives. £170plus vat for 120gig

Linksys NSLU2 Network Storage Link for USB 2.0 Disk Drives is a box that has no internal storage, just adds 2 x usb2 ports to a network device to add external usb hard drives to a network - about £55 plus vat

Cheers Dunk, the standalone usb drive combos are no good for what I'm trying to do. I'm looking for something along the lines of the attached pic, just a straight IDE to TCP/IP interface, it's going into a DVD player so IDE is the only thing I have to work with, unfortunately the pictured product is discontinued

why stick a dvd directly to a network - easier to share a dvd drive on a pc surely? or even a virtual dvd for free?

I've added a hard drive to my DVD player Dunk, it holds my MP3 collection and photo collection. I have put a drive caddy in the front so I can take the drive out and put it in my PC to update it but it would be a lot handier if it was networked