HD TV

dc240969

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Been meaning to get to the bottom of this for a while. l have a HD TV 1080, cant remember if its p or i but for this it shouldnt matter. l have my PS3 hooked up as well. When playing the PS the picture is perfect. Now, when lm watching Sky l see a haze around people as the move. My wife cant see it. Cant remember if happens in HD mode, but whenever l go into HD mode the screen goes blank for a while before kicking in again, this has to be the Sky Box.

Uh the swapping from SD to HD is normal on some screens, I've had untold HD screens until I settled on an LED one, I had the HD swap blank screen on several, its a characturistic of some of the panels to swap I can only guess the engines that supply the images from SD to HD.

Now the TV images are probably no way near as good as the PS3, number of lines the images use for TV can vary from 480 upto mostly 720p if you're lucky, even sky dont use full 1080p mate, so you will notice these differences given the PS3 is probably set to use a higher HD output to the screen than sky would give you, check your sky HD res settings cause, you can set different number of lines, not that it made any real difference tbh with mine.

Also because the panel is actually 1080 lines, they try with some panels to fill in the lines that are missing with copy pixels etc, different manufacturers use different tech some involving frame manipulation etc etc, not gonna bore you anymore but trust me what you're getting could be fairly normal overall.

Also no disrespect or being snobbish, but 656 panel isnt that good overall, the 456 was just if not better than that panel, just from my experience.

Hope it alleviates your concerns a little & best way to test panel is ok on HD is play a bluray movie through the PS3 & see if you get good 1080P video, if so then dont worry about, cause sky is synonymous for crap HD video overall, I found discovery HD was best

Spoke with my bro yesterday and asked him to come by and have a look and see if my eyes are deceiving me. Also asked him about the black screen. He seems to have it for a bit but the info bat at the bottom still appears, mines doesnt. Just trying to nail the source to the box as its under a year old and will get on to sky in it is.

Yeah but which screen has he got & which brand of sky boxes have you both got, have you tried your sky box/card on his screen & vice versa?

have you tried your sky box/card on his screen & vice versa?

not something lve tried. lve had a potter about and its better. the blank screen when going to hd has basically gone.

what did you mince with mate, lol, scart or hdmi cable not pushed home fully