Iphone 3G Jailbreak

Its an Iphone thats been unlocked to all networks as currently, think its exclusive to 02, therefore when its unlocked it can be used on orange, voda and t mobile, however, i dont think all the options are available to use as per the normal 02 version.

I don't think thats strictly true, I jailbroke my iphone but it never said anything about using it on other networks.
It allows lots of other 3rd party apps not available on the appstore, to customise the phone, like different icons, wallpapers, ringtones, utilities etc.

Chris is right.. You can get an app called fellowsn0w which will unlock it but to actually jailbreak is just adding non itunes approved apps.

Yup, just unlocks everything. Get so many free apps for it! Last time I checked I didn't see any TomTom app, but there are other satnav apps. TomTom app was released recently so it may be available soon.

Don't think it can work on other networks as it's something to do with the frequencies or something.

Oh ok, sorry, I know someone who mentioned it was 'jailbreaked' and was being used on Orange, so maybe they had something else done to get it working on that network.

Sorry to ask more questions, but can i restore my iphone if it goes "tits up" , cos i dont wanna do it and then find my phone doesnt work

Yes, I restored my phone to upgrade to v3.0 as I was jailbroken on 2.2

yes you can get free apps even the tom tom apps, my Iphone is unlocked different networks the lot.

to get free apps you need to download installicious and use a website called http://appulo.us the download whatever apps and just do a normal sync as usual with your iphone

=O)