Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

Advice on netbooks, please

Hi, I currently have a main desktop pc, connected to broadband via a BT homehub.

I'm now interested in getting a net-book, so that I can have portable wireless broadband around the house. Only thing is, I am completely clueless on routers & wireless internet. I use an ethernet cable to connect the desktop to the homehub, but I seem to remember the hub having a wireless option.

Can anyone give me a "wireless netbooks for dummies" guide on what I will need to do (or indeed need to get) to set up the wireless connection on the netbook?

A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    you will to check if you router is confirgured properly for wireless. This might help: http://www.frequencycast.co.uk/guide.html

and this:
    http://www.btbroadbandinformation.co...reless-router/

then on you netbook, it's a matter of searching for your wireless network and input any password you entered during the wifi setup on your hub to get access to the internet.

All netbook, afaik, come with wireless. It's just power on and searching for wireless networks. Straight forward.

I have a samsung nc-10 and connection was instant the first time I powered it on. Just searched for available wifi connections and I eneterd the password. That's it.

Not sure how much that helped, but if you need any more info, someone else might also help
    ^^ In my opinion