NEW CAMERA NEEDED

colintdi

Reaction score
My camera has just given up and needed to get a new one. Nothing to expenisve just something for family photos etc. Was looking to spend £100-150.

Any ideas or any one know of any good offers?

I can heartily recommend the Panasonic Lumix FX35, which is easily available at the top end of your budget.
The intelligent-auto feature is superb.
Just whack it on that, it adjusts everything accordingly.
Face recognition, HD playback of video etc.etc.
Classy looking thing too.
Gets top marks in all the reviews I read about it too.

Samsung NV24HD or the newer one NV100HD which I have now with touch screen, HD recording, pretty good images tbh although as Bowfer says the Panny Lumix range are also very good from all accounts, very good reviews

My last camera was a fuji and was thinking of getting one again seen this-
fujifilm finepix z20 10mp
Body material: Metal and plastic.
10m pixels.
3 x optical zoom.
5.7 x digital zoom.
2.5in LCD screen.
Digital anti blur.
Face detection - 10 faces.
Continuous shooting - 1 fps.
In-camera red eye fix.
XD, SD, SDHC compatible.
45Mb internal memory.
Movie capture with sound.
Maximum ISO range: 1600.
14 scene modes.
Pictbridge compatible.
Accessories included in box - strap, charger, USB and AV cables, CD ROM, Instruction manual.
1 x NP45 Li-Ion battery supplied.
Weight 111g.
Size (H)5.6, (W)9.1, (D)1.8cm.

bowefer that Panasonic lumix looks a good job going to go out at the weekend and have a better look at them

I throw the head up on saturday after looking for a camera ended up just getting the first one I seen, which was a fujifilm finepixz 20

I got myself a Panasonic Lumix TZ5 over the Christmas break after several friends had bought one and it really is amazing! Really would recommend. Only cost me £168 so not to expensive at all.

I got myself a Panasonic Lumux TZ5 over the Christmas break after several friends had bought one and it really is amazing! Really would recommend. Only cost me £168 so not to expensive at all.

The TZ5 is amazing, but it was just a little too bulky for me.

We got a Panasonic TZ5 - really good camera - 10 x optical zoom, image stabilisation, face recognition, good quality as well.....as stated above, teh Intelligent Auto is very good !
We paid £200 that included a 3 year parts warranty - go on push the boat out a little bit more........got a 4GB SDHC card and case from e-bay pretty cheap, and a spare battery for about a tenner.

I'd always recommend a Canon, I have a few. The IXUS 90 IS is a great 10.0 megapixel camera, if you want to see some pictures taken with it I'll post em so you can see.