Which mobile?

Rocko

TT 225
Reaction score
Well my current contract is coming to an end soon and Ive been checking out the latest mobiles and have many, many decisions. But I do fancy a touchscreen.

Ill throw a quick list up, and if anyone has one can you post your experiences?

Iphone 3g 16gb
iphone3g-australia.jpg

Pros - Very slick, wifi, nice interface, easy to use
Cons - No MMS, some bluetooth issues, some texting issues

Samsung Pixon
2898907996_37f6b56c71.jpg

Pros - Nice size, acts like a current mobile, nice interface
Cons - No wifi, its a Samsung

LG Renoir
2920595183_6e3c9490a9.jpg

Pros - Wifi, seems easy to use
Cons - Been out a while, never had any experience with LG before

So whats the opinions on the above? I like my gadgets, but I dont need an ipod. Ive one in the car and another for the gym, so that pro of the iphone is no biggy.

Please help, its been melting my head for days!!

I agree with Mitch78.
The latest i-phone makes all the others look steam-driven.
My priorities are phone and music.
i-phone covers both to a fantastic degree.
Couldn't give a monkeys about camera, I always forget my phone has one!
I loved my i-touch, but wish it had a phone.
Says it all really.:hi:

I have an iPhone 3G also, its a bit clunky in places but the amount you can do with it is amazing, the app store is off the scale.
As a phone its average, as a pocket computer/sat nav/email client/web portal/mp3 player it's unmatched

I considered all the alternatives to an Iphone such as you listed for ages. Then i eventually took the plunge and bought and Iphone and i dont regret it one bit.
I was wondered about the crap camera and no mms and no message forwarding.
But everything about the iphone out ways those minor cons of it.
only other con i see with the iphone is the price and the contract price.
But i would definatly recommend the iphone

How about the new Blackberrys? The storm is suppose to be on a par with the iphone except don't think it has wifi, the touchscreen on it is suppose to be very good too.

Been looking at phones myself. Nothing flicks my swithc at all. Think I'll end up getting an N96.

Dude whatever you do, DONT get the N96, they are supposed to be major cr4p!!!

Even the shops i went into to get one wouldnt sell it to me as they said that they have been nothing but trouble!!!

Go for something else dude...

Dude whatever you do, DONT get the N96, they are supposed to be major cr4p!!!

Even the shops i went into to get one wouldnt sell it to me as they said that they have been nothing but trouble!!!

Go for something else dude...

I'll back him up on this, i went into the shop today, apparently they are worse than the N95 by far, very slow on opening apps and have a lot bugs.

I was thinking on getting the samsung pixon, if i get one and give them my old N95 the chap said he'll give me £250 cash if i change numbers and stay on my £45 tariff......Still like the iphone though, not sure whether it's worth not getting £250 for though.

Has anyone got the Pixon? I'll try and do some more digging for some info!

Phones are getting stupid, which is a sign I am old and turning into my dad!!
New phones are trying to fit cameras, mp3/mp4 players, video cam's, etc etc, and its just too much for them.
My W910i is a pile of *****, and im on my 4th one I think, and im stuck with it for a bit longer now.

i wouldnt have another sony ericcons given to me. i had 6 C902's in as many months they were complete crap.

iphone iphone lol :)

the storm is ok, boss at work has one and he doesnt rate it that much. definatly wouldnt says its on par with the iphone. he actually perferes the blackberry bold one of the other lads has

I have a Nokia 6500slide, nice and simple, i need a phone to make and recieve calls and send and recieve txt messages, it has a camera which is ok if i need to take the 'odd' photo, thats it, i dont want it to do anything else, simple as!!!

Last phone i had, did everything (except wash my car!!!) But it was crap, the worst phone i had ever owned and since then I have promised myself not to go for fancy phones as they are just not required!!

Thanks (rant over)

My contract is up for renewal at the end of the month, Im after a something with a decent camera on it, and something that can do call/messages with ease. Thats it! Any recommendations? I was thinking Sony Ericsson C905???

iphone 3G all day long. Fantastic user interface, unlimited browsing, excellent app store with everything wierd and wonderful to enjoy, and there is now a free app for MMS which you top up with credit for sending, so is no longer an issue. Best phone I've ever used and at the moment unbeatable.

I totally agree with the above, depending on what you want it to do, don't bother if you want a good snapper or video recording, but for build, looks, web browsing. Music, apps, etc the iphone is a must, it's absolutely miles ahead of anything trying to replicate or be similar to the iphone. I had a good play with the samsung pixon and past the menu screen with the little widgit tool bar it's not that great, web browser is not great, the screen feels like plastic and is not as responsive as the iphone due to the iphone having a glass screen which is actual touch sensitive not like all other touch screen phones that are plastic like and have a contact under the screen that must be made to register. Apparently there's a new iphone coming out at the end of the year according to the chap in the shop, but i googled it and couldn't find anything about it.

im a nokia man and ive just got the nokia 5800 music express, touchscreen seems great,8gb memory card free with it, shortcut keys, not to big and bulky,easy to use, fairly light,good sound, wi-fi, 3.2mp camera etc
very pleased with it so far.

Got a W760 3 months ago, wanted something simple, compact, slide front with basic music and camera functionality that would also work reliably with in car bluetooth hands free.

What a crap piece of kit it is.
Had 3 of them so far and it still switches itself off.
Last phone was Sony Ericcson, same problem.
Never again.
Nokia next time.

Paul

The apple iphone.best phone today and the things you can do with it,is just endless.Example for cars owners,You need to have Trapster.Tells you where all the police are hiding and Traffic and speed camera,and up to date police near you.

Or Know your rights.
Everything you need to know if a police stops you.

Same as . I had a i phone and went to this so much better great phone im so glad i got the phone :0)

im a nokia man and ive just got the nokia 5800 music express, touchscreen seems great,8gb memory card free with it, shortcut keys, not to big and bulky,easy to use, fairly light,good sound, wi-fi, 3.2mp camera etc
very pleased with it so far.

The apple iphone.best phone today and the things you can do with it,is just endless.

Unless email is important to you...more so than music.
If it is, you are better off with a Blackberry.

Better camera, FAR better keyboard, usual MMS features...but no Wifi.

Depends what you want...for me, the Blackberry Storm does more of what I want than an iPhone.

Unless email is important to you...more so than music.
If it is, you are better off with a Blackberry.

Better camera, FAR better keyboard, usual MMS features...but no Wifi.

Depends what you want...for me, the Blackberry Storm does more of what I want than an iPhone.

What problems do you find with the email on an iPhone? I've had one since November, and for email I think it rocks! I've set up filters on our server to move incoming mails from mailing lists into folders, so I don't get all 100 odd emails per day cluttering up my iPhone, and it's set to 'pull' every 30 minutes, except when I'm abroad!!!

For composing, replying & forwarding it's miles better than the Blackberry Storm I tried out. Only thing I wish was the mail client worked in landscape so the keyboard would be slightly wider.

In a few months we are migrating our email from over to Exchange (eeek!), which apparently will allow push to work as well as the Blackberry, so no time delays.

My only whinges are common ones: No forwarding of SMS, no cut'n'paste, no Bluetooth tethering to my laptop, and no A2DP stack on the bluetooth.

Also, a pucka turn-by-turn satnav package capable of recalculating on the fly would go down well. Apparently TomTom have a port ready to go, but Apple said no...

I have to admit when the iPhone came out I thought, oh dear, Apple fanboys only, but having got one, I can't imagine I'll be changing it in the
near future.

Love the iPod, iCricket, Traffic UK, and recently got working RDP & SSH clients!!. The built-in Maps app is useful too.

Cheers,

I'm a Nokia fan and was going to wait for the launch of the N97 but i went to many shops and they checked its release and they all said the later part of the year which is september/october.

So i went for the Blackberry Curve 8900(javerlin). Its a good phone does everything i want it to do!! I'm not a fan of touch screen as many of my friends have had problems with it. Screen not responding etc etc....

Hope this helps.

I too recently got a BlackBerry 8900 and has been great so far!

I'm a Nokia fan and was going to wait for the launch of the N97 but i went to many shops and they checked its release and they all said the later part of the year which is september/october.

So i went for the Blackberry Curve 8900(javerlin). Its a good phone does everything i want it to do!! I'm not a fan of touch screen as many of my friends have had problems with it. Screen not responding etc etc....

Hope this helps.

N97 'should' be due for release Jun 09 though you might be looking at an unbranded one. The rel date does tend to slip tho.

i got the samsung pixon and sent it back the day after, the buttons on the side are a pain in the jaxi! everytime i picked the phone up i changed settings. apart from that it's ok, just probably would have taken a long time to get used to. smart phone tho!

Check out the new Android OS based phones like the HTC Magic. It's destined for Vodafone in April. It looks like there could be a few android based phones from different manufacturers this year.

I don't have one but my upgrade is due soon and originally I was looking for the N97 but may go for one of these instead.

http://www.htc.com/www/product/magic/overview.html

Do some searches for Android Google phone

There's some pretty cool apps for this device too all open source and lots are free :sm4: and non of App!e's 'sequence shortened and steps removed' marketing.

Care to elaborate .....

Obviously just personal preference but it's just not as good as the iphone to use, Utter crap might have been a bit harsh but after playing with one side by side with an iphone it just seemed very inferior, quite a bit slower and looks like a phone i would rather hide in my pocket rather than get out and show my mates, The battery is supposed to be terrible on them too,apparently not even lasting a day when used a lot.

I think the iphone wins hands down. The user interface design alone is far superior to that of any other phone i've owned. Had the HTC's and the SPV's for comparison. The nokia's aren't even in the same league due to the Symbian OS running on them. Windows is a better system although quirky and looking outdated.

Just got my first iphone 3G and seem to pick it up every 5 mins to download apps or mess about with it.

Really neat phone. Can't wait till they bring out the 3rd Gen one.

G

Oh and the battery S£ is very very good. Not used to any great extent yet but even sitting here messing about on the app store using Wi-Fi its doing nothing to the battery.

G