I-Tunes Keeps crashing on me??

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Just recently got myself a new PC Dell hybrid 250gb Hard drive etc nice bit of kit for the price.

Any-ways everytime i try and upload a cd onto itunes it crashes on me? Any ideas people?

Jason

Hi, I assume you've got the latest version of iTunes installed?

Do you get an error message or anything, or does it just close the app.
Did the iTunes come pre installed, or did you download & install it? - you download latest version, remove old version (unintall in control pannels) & reinstall again from downloaded version.

OS - Vista or XP?

are they, New CD's / burnt discs? - have you got any music on iTunes?

Thanks for the help :)

Ive got vista, didnt come with itunes so i downloaded it myself..

I get half way through uploading a cd onto itunes and it just freezes? I then have to ctrl alt and delete close it down and only part of the cd is on there. I then try again and it just freezes?

Any ideas?

Jason

In iTunes, if you go to Preferences, under import settings (think it's in the general tab), you'll see a import setting.

switch off error-correction in your importing preferences, (make sure there is no tick), I've seen this cause problems before if ticked)

Also, do you have the Vista 32-bit version or vista 64-bit, only that there are 2 different version of iTunes to download, if you have the Vista 64-bit , you need to install the special 64-bit version.

The other thing I can think of, if sometimes, if you find out the brand of CD drive you have, and see if there is a driver upgrade for this, as in the past I've known this to also resolve issues.

With iTunes closed, try moving these two files in this folder to your desktop, then start program.
These will be replaced when programme opens, but you'll have them on your desktop still so can replace them.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\iTunes

Click Start (or the vista icon bottom left of screen),

in the Start Search box type: system
and then click system in the Programs list.

The operating system appears as follows:
For a 64-bit version operating system: 64-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
For a 32-bit version operating system: 32-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.

Hope this is clear!

Right after checking i have the 32 bit vista, still having problems with my itunes though :(

Surely this shouldnt happen on a brand new system? I cant think of anything else it can be? Ive tried re-installing itunes but no luck still?

Jason

more common that you probably realise, but can be a issue with the Vista Hardware drivers & iTunes. -

Try the following:

1. go to www.dell.com
2. Click support (to right of the screen)
3. Click Drivers and Downloads
4. Select Choose by Service Tag
5. Enter your service tag (printed on the side of your Hybrid)
6. It should then give you a list of drivers available.
7. then try re-installing / upgrading the following
a) Audio, Realtek Driver, version A02 or higher
b) System Utilities, Intel Application, version 5.0.0.1t4 or higher
c) Video, Intel driver, version 15.11.0.1537,A02 or higher
4) Disc drive you have installed (Blueray / DVD etc)

Prob find you have to restart after each one!

Mart, you are a genius i must say! If you lived closer id buy you a beer!

Itunes works fine now started uploading alot of my Cd's last nite :)

Only thing i didnt install was the disc drive, works fine now though thanks alot :)

Jason

Glad it's working.
- you probably guessed that I work in IT anway. - infact use to work for Apple in their Bluewater retail store. Job title was Mac Genius - working on the Genius bar and out back repairing customer machines LOL

It's also just nice to be able to return a favour to someone, after all the help I've had on here - being I know pretty much sod all about cars!