Macbook with windows

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm an IT guy but windows based, but I'm considering getting macbook cause need backlit keyboard

Anyone using macbook with bootcamp or parallels for windows & any shortcomings with xp or vista, speed etc etc

Also how'd you get past the no right click option or does apple do a driver for windows that will add gestures etc etc on touchpad for this.

Also how'd you get past the no right click option or does apple do a driver for windows that will add gestures etc etc on touchpad for this.

Can't comment on how bootcamp etc works because I like to steer clear of anything windows based. Just my personal preferance though.

The touchpad can be configured on the Macbook through system preferences so that one tap with one finger will select an item. Two taps with one finger will open a selected file/application and a single tap with two fingers acts like a right click in Windoze.

If you are seriously considering buying your first Mac, then I would strongly recommend you to visit your nearest Apple store and have a play with the models on display.

I use a P.C in work and have a MacBook and an iMac at home and the differance for me is night and day.

HTH. :icon_thumright:

Ok fella, thanks for the info on mouse, not 1st mac, had a mac mini few months & an imac for few weeks only cause got cheap but used windows keyboard with both, not my thing really, just want backlit keys & will have a dual boot with osx & windows of some flavour, just curious any pitfuls of using bootcamp or parallels, we'll see I guess, thanks again.

I have both Bootcamp & Parallels on a iMac & MacBook, depending what your plans are depends which one is best really,

Bootcamp, is just like running a Windows based machine, no differences at all. Haven't found any issues with XP (haven't tried it with Vista, as don't like that OS System). When logged in through Bootcamp, it uses all the system to run this, so get better speeds etc, great for gaming.

Parallels also is good, as can run both OS's at same time, so if you need to quickly do something in windows, but don't want to reboot the Mac. Bear in mind, the system is being used to run both OS's then, haven't really noticed much in this, but then only use Parallels for quick things, like updating the Sat Nav etc.

So basically if using Bootcamp (which is included free in all new Macs now), I haven't found anything I cannot do yet - that a Windows can.

Any USB mouse with 2 click buttons will work on both OSX & Windows too! - I know in OSX you can press control and click for right click, but this doesn't work for windows though. - OSX Also allows for 2 mouse clicking.

The Apple Stores don't actually support Windows (Bootcamp or Parallels), if you have any issues, and will say contact Parallels or Microsoft for assistant, depending on the programme using. - Unless you find a kind person at a Genius Bar, who knows enough about Windows and is willing to help.

Bear in mind, that you'll also need a copy of Windows & a code to install