Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport

Thread: NOKIA N96..?

Swaying towards IHI....

Status

NOKIA N96..?

Hi,

Due for an upgrade at the moment with Vodafone.

Currently have the N95 8G, Voda want 75 quid to let me have the N96. Is it worth paying the 75 quid to get one do you reckon?

Or is there a better alternative?

Cheers
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    Hi mate, firstly i got my N96 off of Vodafone for 45 on a 35 pm contract, so get the price down, secondly i had an 8gb N95 before the N96, i dont rate the N96 at all tbh, its really really slow and seems to have alot of software issues, so........... i put it on ebay and got 400 for it, and put the 95 back into comission, oh and be careful, i presumed i was going into another 18mth contract, there was no mention when i upgraded but after the 2 week cooling off period i then recieved a letter telling me i was on a 24mth contract!!!! Watch out for that badboy right there.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    I have heard really bad things about this phone, esp about the bugs and slowness of the phone....so if I was you, i would spend the money elsewhere....

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Any recommendations on a new phone then?
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

Status
    http://www.oaktreeent.com/web_photos...-Phone_web.jpg

Heard these are really good

I would be interested on the reponses for this as well, as i am due an upgrade, but just dont know what to go for!!!

6th Gear

Status
    I'm not impressed with the N96 at all, 2 weeks in now and it's basically crap.

cabriolet

Status
    upgraded to the n96 last week and had it two days and then put it on the bay.
    total crap.
    cant believe how cheap and plasticy nokia have gone.
    gone back to my nokia 6500 slide, a good solid fast reliable phone.
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Well i went for the N96 In the end just going to stick it on the bay i think!

They're going for 480GBP buy it now at the moment!

Jason
    A3 1.8TS

Valentino Rossi A.K.A The Doctor

Status
    Tis true they are actually crap, mine was on the bay 2 days and then i got an email offering for me to end early for 400, i dont think the buy it nows are moving too well, around 400 a bit more realistic, Sony Ericsson are bringing out the C905 soon, supposed to be the biz but so was the 96.
    54' A4 Avant TDI130 GmBh Sport Sline-19"RS6 Alloys + SATNAV+RNS-E+ TV/D.V.D/MP3+ Colour D.I.S+ Bose Hi-Fi+Bluetooth+Heated Buffalino Leather+ Aluminium Fishscale inlays+ Xenons+ 6 disc changer+ Interior Light Pack+ Storage Pack+03'VW Bora TDI150 Sport Highline+ 05' ZX-10R Ninja

1st Gear

Status
    n82 is the best phone nokia have ever made! It does everything the n95 was meant to but well, has a real xenon flash and no sliding bit to break

See if you can get a good price for one, sell the n96 and your on a winner with some profit to boot!
    Biggie Biggie Biggie can't you see!
    2008 a5 3.0TDi Quattro. And for when I wanna go fast.... Suzuki B-King (Hayabusa with no fairing, think 0-100 in 5.1 seconds!)

6th Gear

Status
    you could look at the N85 instead. I have one and its 'ok'. Its of FP2 S60v3 and has lots of nice shiney graphics and looks smooth. Slim too... If you are desperate to upgrade.

Neither that, nor the N96 though are anything massively impressive. When DVB goes live over here it might be better though at the moment only 500 people can get it on O2. The N85 is cool with its FM transmitter and expandable memory.

If you arent desperate to upgrade, keep your cash and wait.

Nilz, that phone is awesome. I wish I could find one but they are sold out EVERYWHERE!!

5th Gear

Status
    I just got the X1, its superb, still getting to grips with it, but I am impressed!

Status
    was going to get an N96 but remembered a thread with it on.....I knew Audi Sport would come good one time.

6th Gear

Status
    My brother got his N96 on release and hates it. It has issues so will wait for the revised version like they did with the N95 8Gb

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

Status
    Noel....

I have some of them phones, let me know if you want one, im sure we could come to some sort of deal

I incidentally just upgraded as well, and went for a simple and easy to use 6500 Slide, im happy with it, as it makes and recieves calls, I can send txt messages, it has a calender, a calculator and a decent camera....

Thats all i need, so going from experience with an N73 (and bad reports about the N range) I decided to steer away this time, even though i was eventually offered an N95/6.

I just cant be doing with phones crashing, freezing and generally being pants!!!!

6th Gear

Status
    I've just got the i-phone 3G and i know a lot of people don't rate it, you can't send mms messages and you can't video....it depends what your after, i wanted a phone for decent internet use, and the i-phone is brilliant for that. Unlike some phones, the web pages come up exactly as they would if you were on your own home computer, which is all i realyy wanted, oh and to make the odd call !!
    revo'd

Status
    Leggy, it all depends on what you want the phone to do, as you said you need it for the internet and if it doesn that and you can make the odd call, fair do's.

Just like me, i only need it to do what a phone should with a couple of little extras, therefore chose the 6500.

6th Gear

Status
    Just for the record the i-phone 3G has just been awarded gadget of the year on the gadget show.....
    revo'd

Status
    Oh man, i was planning on watching that tonight....well done for spoiling it!!!

LOL...only messing dude, I had a feeling it would win, to be honest.

6th Gear

Status
    Sorry mate !! Lol....i'm lying really !! it was errrrr..........
    revo'd

6th Gear

Status
    yeah, no surprise in that result... especially from the gadget show...

Status
    Hmmm....but next weeks episode looks good with the RC cars!!! Woohoo

6th Gear

Status
    Suzi Perry or Viki Butler Henderson?