Applications for iPhone/iTouch

Shy19s

Oil running through my veins.
Reaction score
Got any interesting ones? downloaded quite a few that help me out alot in life but a couple that ive been playing around with in my free time or lunch hour...

Asphalt 4 - car racing game, 5.99 well spent, its actually quite good for an application and brings the iphone up to any hand held games consol, graphics are surprisingly good, and very entertaining.

Blocks Classic - Old school game, remade, good fun and very addictive.

Touch hockey - Good on wifi or two player mode, play with the lads at work, and keeps sane during long hours.

Hmmmmm, applications...

I could use it as a paper-weight, a door-stop, ummmm... ;)

Just kidding, they're a cool gadget but I'm a time-honoured WM geek. I've got one Blue Angel, Three Hermes and a Kaiser to show for it at the moment - there seems to be some 'banter' between the iPhone bunch and the WM crowd so I couldn't resist :)

Of all the wonderful, useful, handy, life-assisting things my PDAs can do for me... They're not so hot a games (certainly graphically). My better half likes playing Bubble Breaker on them, but that's a puzzle type-thing and she's a demon at those (waaay too good at Tetris).

Is Asphalt the one with the Veyron in its start-up video? It looks pretty good...

Regards,

Rob.

yeah thats right Rob, the asphalt is the one with the veyron, gets abit boring after your about half way through the game.. but it still is quite impressive for the little money you spend..

wont catch any banter with me, as i dont know what your talking about lol.. just picked up an iPhone cheap cos it ticks all the right boxes to suit my lifestyle.. and has all the nessessary applications to help me out which is good.. but interested to learn more.. got any links??

Shy

To be honest, I'm more or less completely on the opposite side of the field. I know relatively little more than the most widely publicised aspects of the iPhone.

There's plenty of banter between the biggest geeks in the Windows Mobile crowd, and plenty of good retort from their iPhone counterparts.

I'm in the Windows Mobile camp by default, because I've used WM devices for a good while through necessity - push email and terminal services (remote desktop), among other things, have been a requirement I've had for a while, so that's why I use what I do.

At the same time I'm not quite in the WM-camp properly, because I won't just bash an iPhone because it's not a WM device. I'm quite happy to agree they're a really good looking, extremely user-friendly, very clever gadget, which does pretty much everything it promises too, simply and well. I'd be linched in the WM community for saying that!

Regards,

Rob.