In Car Phone Kits

dsl55

exploring other avenues
Reaction score
I am about to buy a car for my wife that has installed already a Nokia CK-7W car kit - thing is I had one of these in another car and it had a little button type thing on the dash to control it but no cradle. The one in this car has a cradle (for a blackberry) but no button thing. Is it just a simple case of losing the cradle and connecting up one fo these bluetooth buttons to the existing wiring? :think:

I am about to buy a car for my wife that has installed already a Nokia CK-7W car kit - thing is I had one of these in another car and it had a little button type thing on the dash to control it but no cradle. The one in this car has a cradle (for a blackberry) but no button thing. Is it just a simple case of losing the cradle and connecting up one fo these bluetooth buttons to the existing wiring? :think:

I think so yes, I had one of these in my last car but let the manual go with the car. From memory you need to locate the central 'brain' of the kit and everything is 'plug and play' off of that. It's probably behind the glovebox or similar. I'm not too sure on the availability of just buying the button tho'. TBH I never used the button that much as all it does is adjust volume, redial last number and answer calls, it's not like my current Parrot kit with a screen so you can dial any number from the phone book.

Top kit tho', call quality much better than the Parrot :o.k:

cheers, she has the Parrott 3200LS in her current car and it's very handy but as you say, call quality can be a bit iffy. can't be bothered to pay someone to take it all out and re install it in the new car. i would probably have had one fitted to the new car but as the nokia kit is already there may as well make use, no cradle available for lg viewty yet by the looks of it

When I changed my phone I was always meaning to get a new cradle but never got round to it! Whilst a cradle is handy as it charges the phone, I think it's biggest benefit is keeping you legal, as even if you press a button to dial a number because the phone is in a cradle and not handheld it means that you are not "Making communication with a hand held mobile device" - still doesn't mean you can send a text tho'!!

The biggest factor is whether you have a suitable phone sized cubby hole in the car to keep the phone from flying around!

I use a Parrot CK3100 and have never had a sniff of bother from it. Superb quality. People don't realise I'm hands free half the time

CK7w can be used to voice dial as well as long as the phone has been set up for it.
Mine works fine. the cradle is optional and gives charging and arial function only.

I have two of these fitted to our cars. however i do know they dont like newer phones even nokias as they go all echoee.

I reverted back to my old phones for the car kits.

Hope this helps

M

I have the Nokia CK-7W fitted, and i have taken the holder out as my phone doesn't fit in it. I have the bluetooth button fitted as well and that is what i use, just press and hold for about a second and then when it beeps just say the name of the person you wish to call and it dials. Must say it only works on my company Nokia phone and not on my Samsung. So i keep the phone in my pocket and it is certainly hands free as far as old bill is concerned.