LCD Tv picture problem

Dubplate

Reaction score
I dont really know how to explain this but here goes. Ive recently brought myself a Samsung 40" HD LCD and a Samsung 5.1 surround set up and i feel TV picture is crap, well with certain pictures/images that is. For instance i was watching the F Word the other day which the filming is bright, lots of lights etc. but with scenes like this the picture goes pixelated in areas when there is fast movement, it looks like it leaves tracing after the movement or that there is a pixelated shadow around say a person, its kinda hard to explain, it does with DVDs occasionally as well. I played around with the settings on the TV but to no avail. Any ideas peeps why its doing this? Im running Sky + with it if that makes any difference.

Ta

IMO, the problem is the fact you are still using Scart connections, which are analogue (I'm assuming your DVD is connected by scart too).
Sorry to say it, but you need to buy yourself a SKY HD box, even if you don't subscribe to the actual HD channels.
This means you can connect via HDMI, which is a proper digital connection.
ALL your TV pictures will improve, even standard definition channels, partly because you're using a proper digital connection and partly because the HDMI processing part of your TV is better.
You should also buy an HDMI DVD player, which can be had for about £50 (Toshiba SD330).

IMO, the problem is the fact you are still using Scart connections, which are analogue (I'm assuming your DVD is connected by scart too).
Sorry to say it, but you need to buy yourself a SKY HD box, even if you don't subscribe to the actual HD channels.
This means you can connect via HDMI, which is a proper digital connection.
ALL your TV pictures will improve, even standard definition channels, partly because you're using a proper digital connection and partly because the HDMI processing part of your TV is better.
You should also buy an HDMI DVD player, which can be had for about £50 (Toshiba SD330).

Thanks for the reply Bowfer...

ummm...is this happening because ive connected the TV to the Sky + using the hdmi connection then when infact i should be using the scart leads to connect it? Though the dvd is connected to the TV via hdmi and that occasionally shows pixelation/tracing, not as bad as the Sky + but still noticable all the same....

You can't have SKY+ and be using HDMI to connect it.
SKY+ doesn't have an HDMI connection.
Only SKY HD has HDMI.

You can't have SKY+ and be using HDMI to connect it.
SKY+ doesn't have an HDMI connection.
Only SKY HD has HDMI.

sorry i beg your pardon the TV to Sky + is connected via the digital connection then not via HDMI..... The TV to Surround sound is connected via HDMI.....

Have you tried switching on/off all the picture processing gubbins?
Many TV's give better results with it all switched off.
Try www.avforums.com
Get your model number to hand and someone on there should be able to help.

Nah not switched all off/on, i have done a few settings but its still not a picture worthy of paying £800 for but i'll give it a go anyway, failing that i'll give them on avforum a bash then, cheers Bowfer....:thumbsup: